Trump Winery is looking for a professional, energetic, enthusiastic individual to provide support to the winemaker. The Associate Winemaker will be responsible for providing winemaking, technical and supervisory support to the winemaker as well as assisting with quality, organization, and execution of winemaking activities including laboratory analysis, planning, and inventory control. The Associate Winemaker will report to the Winemaker and work closely with all department managers and directors.
We provide a fun atmosphere with an opportunity to grow!
Title: Associate Winemaker
Location: Trump Winery, 20 minutes south of Downtown Charlottesville
Wage: Depends on Experience
Schedule: Full-time - 1st shift, longer hours will be needed during harvest season
Benefits: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance. We pay 80% employee and 40% dependent premium, PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more.
- Assist in supervising all day to day cellar operations, including harvest, bulk wine, barrels, bottling preparation, sanitation, and cellar organization and cleanliness.
- Supervise grape receiving, crushing, pressing and wine production operations during harvest.
- Provide winemaking technical support to the Winemaker and production staff.
- Participate in wine tasting at all stages throughout the winemaking process and be responsible for collecting data, conducting evaluation and recommendation of treatments.
- Responsible for supervising, training, and mentoring all cellar employees during harvest, providing ongoing instruction and support as assigned.
- Work as a team with Winemakers on all blends to insure wine profiles are being adequately filled and bottling requirements are met on time.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the winemaking process and procedures.
- Implement standards of care, safety, and operating procedures in the execution of work performed.
- Safety training and management of compliance issues in the cellar environment to provide a safe work place.
- Maintain wine and job quality goals while managing for good productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Generate reports and ensure accuracy of wine inventory and winery compliance records
- Prepare work-orders, assist in data management, as well as conduct bulk and bottled wine inventories.
- Write work orders for all production related tasks from harvest to bottling.
- Research and make recommendations to the Winemaker on ordering of new equipment or make recommendations for implementations for improvements.
- Assist in the R&D process with the Winemaker while assuring quality and improvement processes.
- Responsible for adhering to state and federal regulations.
- Assist in educational tastings and tours of the facility, when needed.
- Ability to work long hours during critical times – harvest and bottling
- Bachelor of Science, in Enology, Chemistry or a related field
- 3+ years cellar experience in similar position
- Ability to operate all farm equipment required
- Fluent in English (verbal and written); spoken Spanish helpful.
- Experience with both the practical and technical aspects of the winemaking process and understanding winemaking regulatory requirements.
- Experience in all aspects of harvest, fermentation, cellar work, and winemaking analysis is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Certified Forklift Certification
- Knowledge of computing skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft 365)
- Works on feet for eight hours a day (up to seven days per week during critical times)
- Able to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 70 pounds. Frequently bends over, kneels, twists, reaches over head, climbs stairs, ladders, and walks varied surfaces (paved, incline, uneven, etc).
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- 80% company paid medical premiums with only a $1000 deductible
- 80% company paid dental premiums
- vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- 401k with up to 6% company match
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Monthly wine training opportunities
- Two paid team volunteer days per year
Please include cover letter with salary requirements.
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).