Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 232 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
Salary range: $62,400 - $64,000 annually
What You Will be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. The ideal candidate will be competent while delivering care to persons we support utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. The RN will effectively interact with persons we support, their families, our Boundless associates, and other health team members while maintaining all standards of professional nursing.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provides consultation to the LPNs and MAAs in the overall management of health services with particular attention to the identification of health and wellness needs. Oversees plans to meet these needs. Serves as the medical liaison with individuals served, families, physicians and significant others.
- Provides training and observations related to Medication Administration, administering G-tube nutrition and insulin as well as other health care factors and treatment. Maintains records to ensure that staff have the required training in Medication Administration.
- Provides regular review of medical and nursing practices and required documentation requirements. Ensures that the information in the medical record is maintained and meets regulatory standards. Monitors and approves compliance of all DODD, ODH, and other regulatory requirements. Participates in completing Plans of Correction.
- Provides medical and wellness input to the individuals served, team members and families/guardians. Assists the team with goals associated with health and wellness and ensures that these factors are a part of the individual’s Support Plan.
- Participates in the admission of new residents to ICF facilities.
- Performs the duties of the LPN in their absence.
- Coordinates medical and wellness services with health care providers outside of Boundless.
- Provides medical and wellness input to various assigned committees for strategic planning, policy development and quality assurance.
- Attends meetings and training as necessary.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The job will also operate in ICF homes where the person will be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients and specimens in working that environment or other clinical environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires intermittent physical activity, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as lifting and supporting patients.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This schedule may change daily depending upon operation needs with evening and weekend work required as job duties demand.
Travel is regular, but primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected on occasion.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a BSN.
- Knowledge regarding the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Strong understanding of Medication Administration.
- Experience working with IDD individuals.
Special Skills and Requirements
- A commitment to the mission and vision of our organization.
- Ability to work with sensitive information.
- Strong, professional ethics, integrity, and accountability in all actions.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
The prerequisite for this position is candidates either need to be fully vaccinated or willing to get vaccinated.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.