Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing broker-dealer networks in financial services? (Cerulli Associates, 2020) At Atria, we support independent financial professionals and financial institution investment programs so they, in turn, can provide exceptional service to their clients and develop meaningful relationships with them.
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our organization. The Payroll Specialist will assist in the day-to-day operations of the Payroll Department. The position reports to the Payroll Manager and works closely with our HR and Accounting departments. Candidates should have relevant experiences preparing semi-monthly multi-state payroll, maintenance of payroll records, deductions, and other information necessary for payroll processing.
In this position, you will work from the following home office location:
- CUSO Financial - San Diego, CA
Our offices throughout the country are the most effective environment for us to support and partner with financial professionals. At the same time, the health and safety of our team is our highest priority. Our COVID-19 Task Force actively monitors and tracks he ongoing status in each of our office locations, ensuring consistency with CDC guidelines and providing a safe and healthy work environment for our team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup employees with Time & Attendance working schedule.
- Train/Assist employees on hours recording and time off request submissions.
- Review employee’s timecards for completeness using ADP reporting and process hours transfer to payroll.
- Enter other employee changes such as benefit deductions, status changes based on H/R reports/employee change forms.
- Create paydata grids for payroll processing including commissions and monthly incentives.
- Validate ADP reports and paydata grids using the Master Timecard and PTO worksheets.
- Assist with the preparation of payroll and the balanced submission to management for review and approval.
- Process additional payroll transactions including HSA employee contributions, Flex transfers, 401k ACH’s using Payroll Checklist.
- Process garnishments and requests from EDD and other state agencies.
- Manage daily Flex reimbursements.
- Prepare manual payroll checks (including termination checks).
- Maintain company payroll changes and electronic filing system.
- Prepare benefits billing reconciliations.
- 4-year degree in Accounting preferred but not required; 2-3 years of accounts payable experience or equivalent combination of education and previous payroll processing experience.
- Experience includes knowledge of the principles and techniques involved in payroll administration and payroll related accounting practices; awareness of state and federal laws related to payroll practices, record keeping, retirement funds, and garnishments.
- Must be able to show ability to meet deadlines and understanding of critical nature of processing employees’ pay.
- Knowledge of SAGE 300/AccPac and ADP payroll systems preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of Applications required.
Why work at Atria?
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a full benefits package that includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Prescription drug benefits
- Vision insurance
- Retirement savings 401(k) plan with matching
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Critical illness insurance
- Veterinary pet insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Legal plan
Atria Wealth Solutions, Inc. (Atria) is a wealth management solutions holding company focused on delivering a clear path to the future of financial advice for financial professionals, financial institutions and their clients. Headquartered in New York City, Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries empower financial institutions and independent financial professionals with a sophisticated set of tools, services, and capabilities that deepen client relationships and maximize efficiencies in their practices.
Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries include CUSO Financial Services, L.P., Sorrento Pacific Financial, LLC, Cadaret Grant & Co., Inc., NEXT Financial Group, Inc., Western International Securities, Inc., and SCF Securities, Inc. Atria’s subsidiaries together support nearly 2,500 financial professionals and over 200 financial institutions with nearly $100 billion of assets under administration. For more information, please visit www.atriawealth.com.
Atria Wealth Solutions and its affiliated entities are equal opportunity employers that are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Atria Wealth Solutions and its affiliated entities make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
It’s time for the next step in your career. Apply now.