The Management Trust
Position Title: Staff Accountant (Property Management Accountant)
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Reporting To: Division Controller
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
As our Property Management Accountant, you are charged with several key tasks to support our rental department in the beautiful California Central Coast. This is a “roll up your sleeves” position that supports various needs and company leaders, such as our Corporate Broker and Division Controller. If you love numbers and are passionate about quality, consistency, and accounting best practices, plus enjoy working with a smart/fun/dedicated team, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide high-quality customer support to a growing client group while building positive relationships with all levels of internal and external partners
- Receive, process, and deposit checks on a daily basis and as needed/directed
- Debit tenant EFT accounts for rent on or after the first of each month
- Maintain a daily log and checking account balance for each transaction; immediately notify Corporate Broker of any discrepancies (including fund shortage and/or bounced checks)
- Utilize accounting software (currently Yardi Voyager) according to established protocol
- Process accounts payable (AP); this includes processing Corporate Broker commission as earned
- Maintain a small minimum of broker funds for incidental bank charges
- Generate various reports throughout the month; analyze for accuracy and anomalies prior to distributing
- Knowledge of Trust Fund Handling
- Prepare security deposit refunds, process tenant charge bills, and related duties
- Maintain various logs and ensure accurate database entry (i.e. for insurance tracking)
- Prepare bank reconciliations, expense accruals, and journal entries for clients
- Coordinate various printing and mailing needs
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once, particularly during month and year-end
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Associate’s degree and/or the equivalent of 2+ years of accounting experience
- Advanced and/or specialty degrees/certifications are a big plus
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced deadline environment while managing multiple-tasks
- Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel), paired with comfort quickly mastering new software programs
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ultimate professionalism, interpersonal, customer service, and team work skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and partner with internal and external clients of all levels
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday from approx. 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- This position may require occasional long hours to meet business needs
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.
|We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We celebrate and support diversity.
The Management Trust reserves the right to modify any job description at any time based on business need.