Turning Point Community Programs is hiring a Data Analyst I for our Outcomes and Evaluations team at our Home Office in Rancho Cordova. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) provides integrated, cost-effective mental health services, employment and housing for adults, children and their families that promote recovery, independence and self-sufficiency. We are committed to innovative and high quality services that assist adults and children with psychiatric, emotional and/or developmental disabilities in achieving their goals. Turning Point Community Programs (TPCP) has offered a path to mental health and recovery since 1976. We help people in our community every single day – creating a better space for all types of people in need. Join our mission of offering hope, respect and support to our clients on their journey to mental health and wellness.
The Outcomes & Evaluation (O&E) department at Turning Point Community Programs does so much more than the Data Analyst title implies. If you have a passion for storytelling with data that is easily understood by every level of the agency, then this position is for you. O&E is seeking out an individual who desires to go beyond the numbers in a spreadsheet to develop graphics and visuals that make the data come alive. O&E fosters in-depth relationships with program and administrative leadership in order to identify their unique outcome and reporting needs that includes, but is not limited to:
- tool/form building
- data pulling from both internal and external Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- data entry and quality support
O&E is looking for someone who can think abstractly to produce reports that genuinely reflect the program’s successes and possible areas of growth without being contained by templates. We place as much importance in the presentation of the data (i.e., individualized reports, PowerPoint presentations, flyers, etc.) as we do in their calculations. Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Publisher skills are required. Adobe and/or Nuance form building skills preferable.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Outcomes and Evaluations, this position is responsible for a wide variety of data analysis duties performed in conjunction with and assisting the Data Analyst II and Director of Outcomes and Evaluation.
This is an at-will administrative position within the Home Office. The position is responsible for assisting Turning Point’s Outcomes and Evaluations department with the extraction and reporting of program and administrative level data for the purposes of satisfying contracts of funders and general organizational outcome needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY)
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that could be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Responsible for data entry, mining, and cleaning for programs as assigned.
- Develops statistical and informational data bases, spread sheets and performs data/statistical analysis of outcomes and other information.
- Assists with the scanning of client charts and data into digital formats for the purpose of data collection.
- Develops graphs, charts, and various other visuals to report program outcomes as directed.
- Provide quality assurance editing with program data entry and provide lists of missing data to the appropriate program designee as needed.
- Co-facilitate MORS/8 Determinants of Care Trainings with Data Analyst II and/or Director of Outcomes and Evaluation as well as any other trainings that pertain to the Outcomes and Evaluation Department.
- Performs word processing tasks, typing, and filing.
- Provides direct support to program staff concerning data collection, entry, and analysis.
- Conducts outcome presentations on a regular basis for program and admin staff.
- Supports Data Analyst II and/or Director of Outcomes and Evaluation with other tasks as assigned.
- Maintains orderly records and documentation and completes paperwork as assigned in a timely manner.
- Maintains and assists staff in using office equipment.
- Assist in troubleshooting and correcting issues in running data.
- Meets all performance standards as set by the agency with regard to job performance.
- Provides support to other staff members as needed.
- Data base searches, specifically sociology and labor information.
- Turning Point’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- To communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- To work and communicate effectively with staff, members, community agencies, and professionals.
- To work effectively under stress and conflict.
- To exercise appropriate judgment and decision making.
- To be flexible and adaptable in any given situation.
- To follow through on projects.
- Get around to multiple locations; typically, by car.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES
Education, Training and Experience:
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is through graduation from an accredited University with a bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of varied experience. Must be able to type 40-50 WPM and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
- California driver’s license & current vehicle insurance/registration if driving; and,
- Reliable means of transportation capable of passing vehicle safety inspection if more than five years old excluding all modes of two-wheeled transport inclusive of bicycles, mopeds and motorcycles.
|We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.