Alaska Petroleum Distributing has been serving the North Pole and surrounding areas since 1981. Our family-run company has a long history in the community and our team is driven to exceed expectations - delivering heating oil, gasoline, and diesel fuels to our diverse commercial and retail customer portfolio. As the largest fuel distributor in the interior, we have a strong local brand and friendly, welcoming company culture where employees are able to grow and contribute to the success of the company and their families.
How We Standout
As one of the largest fuel distributors in the interior of Alaska, Alaska Petroleum Distributing maintains the highest safety standards and prioritizes customer service, even providing 24-hour emergency call-out deliveries to ensure customer needs are met. APD is also a proud member of the Fairbanks community and gives back to organizations in the area.
How We Care
Alaska Petroleum Distributing is committed to supporting quality initiatives that make a difference in our community.
Alaska Petroleum Distributing will match your charitable contributions to qualifying non-profit organizations up to $10,000/year. Additionally, Alaska Petroleum Distributing will make a contribution on your behalf to qualifying non-profit organizations for volunteer service up to $500/year.
Because You Chose Us
We appreciate your interest in Alaska Petroleum Distributing, and we will provide a welcome bonus of $2,000 (two thousand dollars). The bonus will be transferred in two installments: 50% at the end of the first six months and the rest of the bonus at the end of the first year. Neither disciplinary action nor a performance improvement plan must be imposed on the employee.
What You’ll Do
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of fuel to customers.
- Safely delivers fuel to home heating customers, commercial and other customers in an efficient manner. This may include climbing ladders, pulling hose and other manual tasks.
- Loads and delivers product safely and in compliance with operating procedures.
- Maintains accurate records of all delivery documents.
- Communicates with customers to ensure proper service and safety during deliveries.
- Maintains a clean and professional truck
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections including inspection under the hood and truck, checking fluids and brakes.
- Participates in safety meetings and reports all injuries, spills and property damage. Identifies and communicates job hazards.
- Follows DOT Regulations.
What You’ll Need
- Valid Alaska CDL Class A or B with X endorsement
- Training including Hazmat and Hazwoper
- Medical Examiner Certificate
- We'll help you gain experience for your resume!
You Are Important To Us
As part of the NorthStar Energy family of companies, Alaska Petroleum Distributing is dedicated to the fundamental principles of equity and inclusion, and we believe that diversity in all forms strengthens organizations. We are made up of a remarkable group of individuals - ones who work hard and make sacrifices in order to serve others in a volatile and uncertain environment while being guided by our core values. Our people are committed to supporting our customers; have the courage to develop protocols and systems that keep everyone safe and healthy; exercise personal agency to take action when things don’t seem right and work cohesively as one unit to ensure we finish what we start.
We want to ensure that everyone at Alaska Petroleum Distributing has a sense of belonging and the opportunity to feel heard without judgment or harm. Creating an environment that allows this to happen is a responsibility we all share. We will not be perfect in our efforts, but we will continue to take steps big and small and act with empathy, humility, and respect as we work together to more deeply connect.
Your well-being is important to us. Our culture promotes opportunities to lead a life with more purpose, and we want to ensure that you always feel your best physically, emotionally, and financially. That’s why we’ve worked hard to provide benefits that support you in all aspects of your life helping you to stay energized, engaged, and inspired.
Our goal is to keep our family healthy, safe, and rewarded.