Administrative Assistant II (Business Services)
Definition and Purpose
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Assistant, the Administrative Assistant II (Business Services) is responsible for performing a full range of moderate to complex general office and clerical work assignments using judgment and discretion in support of the ASI Business Office.
Additionally, all ASI employees are responsible for upholding the core values of the organization including but not limited to exhibiting professional behavior, acting as a role model to others, displaying a positive and cooperative attitude, communicating effectively, developing expert knowledge in area of specialization, and working together as a team.
Educational and Qualifying Experience, Skills, Licenses, Credentials
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience, four (4) years preferred that demonstrate the ability to perform the necessary functions of the job.
- Knowledge/Skill Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to effectively proofread, edit, and draft original correspondence.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, equipment, procedures, and practices.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, internet as well as online calendaring and email.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to create ADA compliant documents.
- Ability to type at a corrected rate of 60 words per minute.
- Ability to prepare accurate meeting notes and corporate meeting minutes.
- Ability to perform standard arithmetic functions of transactional nature, including tracking and comparing data, purchasing and ordering.
- Ability to research and explain procedures and policies to students, public, and other campus employees.
- Ability to complete projects of moderate scope and complexity; compile, develop, and present reports.
- Ability to work independently and use initiative and judgment in analyzing and determining course of action.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with constant interruptions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple assignments with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds, specific needs, or limitations.
- Directly supervise Business Office Front Line Student Assistants.
- Facilitate meetings, conduct performance evaluations, establish goals, and monitor day-to-day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Administrative Support
- Provide support for the ASI Business Office including the preparation of letters, memoranda, reports, filing, scheduling, and copying as necessary.
- Serves as back-up to Executive Assistant.
- Make travel arrangements for Business Services staff.
- Maintain filing systems including corporate common document's structure and organization.
- Implement global document strategy and data migration from server to cloud based storage systems
- Update,maintain, and assist in communication and education of corporate Internal Guidelines and Procedures.
- Operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment and ensure equipment is in good repair and functioning at optimal levels. Contact vendors, initiate work orders, and prepare purchase requisitions as needed.
- Coordinate with IT staff to create and maintain web-based documents and replacements in compliance with ADA directives.
- Implement and maintain Microsoft Teams and SharePoint site for corporate communications and document management
- Conduct research, compile historical data, and prepare reports as requested.
- Manager calendar scheduling for Business Office Conference Rooms.
- Safeguard and check out keys for storage room, GEM cart, and hybrid vehicle.
- Oversee function and operations of the Business Office reception area including maintenance of customer service standards, distribution of checks, and intake of financial documents.
- Maintain and update Business Office Students Assistants’ handbook and training materials.
- Maintain contracts and certificate of insurance database in compliance with CSU guidelines and audit standards.
- Ensure Business Office safety procedures are in place and staff are educated on appropriate use.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of university, CSU, and AOA infrastructure policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement administrative methods and procedures as related to position. Propose policy changes as needed.
- Oversee daily office operations.
Fiscal Process Support
- Provide support for Business Services and UU programming staff including purchasing and reimbursements.
- Manage Petty Cash for the Business Office.
- Keep and maintain inventory lists for office supplies and reorder items as necessary within budget.
- Provide support for Business Services and operations staff including purchasing, receiving, and reimbursements.
- Provide support for Financial Analysis and Accounting processes of directors
- Prepare annual Budget worksheet from Front Line Student Assistants.
- Assist in creation of budget narratives, wage sheets, and Business and Finance Budget packet.
- Develop and execute assessment of programs and/or services for areas of responsibility including but not limited to setting and implementing goals, evaluating outcomes and ongoing enhancement.
- Participate in the overall ASI assessment planning and goal setting.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Recommend and support practices intended to eliminate racial, gender, or any other form of bias in processes, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrate awareness of one’s own biases, comfort levels, and various aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- Demonstrate effort to understand each person’s individual and collective role in creating inclusive environments.
- Commit to continuous learning/improvement in DEI and cultural competence.
- Work with director to review department’s policies, procedures, & practices related to DEI and participate in addressing barriers identified.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent ASI on committees as appropriate.
- Ensure continuous professional development.
- The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in ASI policy as a condition of their employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is subject to a background check (including criminal records) as well as National Address Locater (Social Security Number [SSN] Trace), 7-year County Criminal Search in each county and/or state the applicant lived in based on the SSN Trace, National Criminal Database Search, Name Search, Employment Verification (All employers in past 7 years) and Education Verification (Highest Degree). Credit Reports, Motor Vehicle Record Check and Professional License Verification may also be required based upon the essential functions of the position.
- Hourly Rate: $22.64
- Premium Overtime: Yes
- Shift Differential: Yes
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Social Security (FICA)
- Paid State Holidays
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave
- Personal Holiday
- Birthday Holiday
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Unemployment Insurance
*This position has the potential for a hybrid work schedule*
Date of Last Equity Review: 2/3/18
The Associated Students, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date revised: 01/29/2021