The Machine Learning Department has openings for researchers with a passion for developing the next generation of machine intelligence. Expertise in machine learning with a proven track record of original research as well as a keen sense for developing practical applications are prerequisites for this position.
The Machine Learning Department has been at the forefront of research in such areas as deep learning, support vector machines, and semantic analysis for almost two decades. Many technologies developed in our group have been released as innovative products and services of NEC, such as systems for recruiting, surveillance, inspection of manufactured goods, and digital pathology. In addition to contributing to NEC’s business, our research is published in premier venues. Among the challenges we are tackling now are, how to move machine learning to more abstract reasoning, and how this can enable new applications in smart manufacturing, safe cities, and personalized healthcare.
• PhD in computer science, statistics, or equivalent
• Research experience in machine learning with strong publication record
• Strong algorithm and numeric computation background
• Programming experience in Python, Lua, C++, or other languages
• Experience with deep learning libraries and platforms a plus, e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, or Caffe