Law Enforcement Initiatives (LEI) Administrative Assistant
About the Center for Policing Equity:
The Center for Policing Equity uses evidence-based approaches to social justice problems and conducts research to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
The Center for Policing Equity is looking for a skilled Administrative Assistant with a passion for social justice issues. This role will support Law Enforcement Initiatives (LEI), a program that helps law enforcement agencies reduce, with the goal of eliminating, racially disparate public safety outcomes. The position reports to the Senior Director of LEI.
Using problem-solving and analytical skills, the Administrative Assistant will provide support to the organization’s Senior Director, Program Manager, Managers and existing Administrative Assistant, as well as other staff within the LEI program, as needed. The Administrative Assistant will focus on coordination of internal and external meetings and events (including taking and publishing meeting / event notes), and guide follow-up correspondence and task execution. The Administrative Assistant will also lead special project completion, material creation, and other duties as assigned.
This position requires an administrative professional with high attention to detail, the ability to problem solve and independently prioritize work, the ability to anticipate the needs of the team, and eventual fluency with work process tools used by the team, including Salesforce, Zoom, G-Suite, Asana, Sharefile, Slack, and others.
- Complete various general administration duties for LEI program
- Administer and coordinate Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) - formal signed agreements between CPE and law enforcement agencies (“agencies”); including contacting agencies’ legal and/or assigned stewards of the MOUs, and coordinating with CPE’s Implementation Specialists and Legal Contacts throughout the negotiation process, all the way to obtaining final signatures (on both sides)
- Coordinate internal and external meetings for all LEI Program staff, other impacted CPE Program staff and external law enforcement agency partners. This includes all logistics and scheduling for conference calls via Zoom and in-person meetings
- Take notes and other support tasks for LEI program meetings, including meetings with police departments and other internal and external stakeholders
- Track communications with stakeholders to help measure key performance indicators (KPIs) for engagement
- Plan event logistics in conjunction with law enforcement agencies on behalf of the LEI Team
- Identify community stakeholders and conduct background research on groups to build our network of partners
- Coordinate travel for all program staff, including setting up appointments with external partners and completing all logistical details
- Submit reimbursement forms and compiling receipts for all program staff members, as requested
- Contribute to event and retreat planning for the program
- Support all program staff with use of platforms and tools, including Asana, G Suite and team shared folder; Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack. This may include upload of materials and content entry, and the handling of sensitive (confidential and/or private) materials
- Other ongoing duties, as assigned
- Various project support assigned by Sr. Director, Program Manager and other staff, including: (re)creation of key program collateral; supporting legislative, community engagement and other public rollout efforts of law enforcement agencies’ Justice Navigator Assessments (JNAs) in partnership with CPE’s Data-Driven Interventions Team; measurement of key program process and impact indicators; task and milestone tracking using Asana and Salesforce platforms; creation of slide decks, tables and charts, documents and schedules; and other projects as assigned
- Assist with new employee onboarding scheduling and access to tools/materials, as directed by the employee's supervisor and program manager
- Occasionally produce Google side presentations to support various internal and external team meetings
- Other time bound projects, as assigned
- Passionate about social justice issues
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive in surfacing problems and finding solutions
- Comfortable taking initiative and “managing up” to move tasks forward
- Confidence using business productivity and task management platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in G Suite, specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Ability to learn and become fluent in Asana, Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack