* Understands and executes the guest experience model: guest expectations, service and engagement
standards, training and guest experience.
* Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction.
* Establish a good rapport with the guests.
* Oversee daily operations of the valet department including transportation functions.
* Provide direction and supervision of the valet associates and shuttle drivers.
* Ensure your area of responsibility meets all company and compliance standards.
* Demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations.
* Handle guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiry or concern that may require additional monitoring or follow-up, to management.
* Make appropriate service recovery recommendations.
* Assist guests with loading/unloading luggage into and out of their vehicles.
* Track guest vehicles and keys.
* Routinely inspect all physical property (driveways, parking area, signage, luggage carts, and equipment) and maintain according to company and guest’s high quality standards.
* Provide information related to resort amenities, features, special functions and local attractions, dining, entertainment, and directions to guest upon request.
* Coordinate transportation needs for guests including managing daily transportation itinerary.
* Ensure that main entrance, lobby, and porte-cochere are clean and free of trash or other debris.
* Ensure that all staff is fully informed and knowledgeable on hotel facilities.
* Coordinate closely with staff and management on VIP’s, guest arrivals, special request, group arrivals, etc.
* Ensure that all uniformed service staff are properly dressed, neat and clean at all times during duty hours.
* Take part in department meetings.
* May need to perform the duties of a valet attendant.
* Performs other duties as needed.
* Administers ongoing training programs.
* Help recruit and train all new employees depending on the structure in the hotel.
* Ensure that all standard operating procedures are followed.
* Qualifications / Special Skills:
* The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly effective professional.
* Previous experience in hospitality would be preferred and commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
* Proven experience as valet supervisory role would be advantageous.
* Proficiency in English.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Polite and confident with a great deal of patience.
* Ability in multitasking and time management.
* Aptitude in resolving issues with customer-focused orientation.
* Able to stand for long hours and transport guest luggage in and out of the car, lift objects up to 50 pounds, and run on occasion.
* Driving experience in all types of passenger vehicles including manual shift.
* Must have a valid driver’s license with a proven clean driving record.
* Must pass a background check and drug test.
* Available to work varied shifts when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; bend and lift; and reach with hands and arms.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.