The Optical Networking & Sensing Department invites applications for summer 2022 internships. We are seeking individuals with strong problem-solving skills and technical abilities, to work with us on applying cutting-edge AI technologies to solve real-world problems in intelligent sensing and make a practical impact on our future products and solutions for safety & security, smart city, infrastructure health monitoring, etc.
Past projects include multimodal data fusion, localization and tracking, time series data mining, anomaly detection, weakly-supervised learning, etc.
Internships have a minimum 12-week duration.
• Currently enrolled in PhD/MSc program in electrical and computer engineering, computer science, applied math, or a related technical field of study
• Expertise in one of more of the following areas: deep learning, computer vision, machine learning, time-series data mining, acoustics, array signal processing, and/or neuromorphic computing
• Experience contributing to research communities or efforts, including publishing papers in conferences or journals
• Excellent programming skills in Python (experience with Pytorch, Tensorflow is a plus)
• Good presentation and collaboration skills
This position is currently accepting applications.