• Controls traffic around the front entrance, properly parks guest vehicles in parking lot or storage garage, locates vehicle and surrenders it to guest or directs guest to parked vehicle, directs/assists guests, patrons and employees in double parking their cars, control the movement and retrieval of double parked cars, ensures the safety and security of keys left in the cars. Ticket vehicles, writing guest name, room number, car license, make/model, amount of charge and length of stay on ticket.
• Retrieves guest items from cars, busses, vans and carts. Grasps, lifts, carries, and/or load luggage and packages onto a bell cart to transport items throughout hotel designated room. Navigates bell cart through public areas, guest room corridors and to elevators. Delivers luggage/items to guest rooms in an expedient manner, according to established deadlines.
• Escorts incoming guests to the front desk and rooms, delivers daily newspaper, messages and other miscellaneous items as requested by management. Maintains a record of deliveries and movement.
• Assists Door Attendant in opening car doors an unloading/loading of luggage to ensure the smooth flow of traffic in the valet area. Relieves Door Attendant as necessary.
• Organizes and stores luggage as necessary in a designated area. Also, reads and matches luggage tags, writes claim tickets and detach portion to give to guest. Verifies customer information (room number and name) through computer system to facilitate the efficient and timely delivery of luggage and various items.
• Greets and thanks guests immediately with a friendly and sincere greeting using proper English, using a clear, pleasant voice. Remains calm and attentive, especially during heavy hotel activity and emergencies. Answers questions and offers assistance giving accurate information regarding outlet hours, other hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, airline shuttle service, etc.
We need at least a Friday, Saturday and Sunday all day shift commitment.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma preferred.
• Previous guest experience preferred.
• Previous experience in a luxury resort preferred
• Candidate must provide a clean driving abstract for the past 3 years
• Candidate must know how to drive a manual transmission