Examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of customer applications for mortgage loans, including calling on client base, realtors and outside referral sources and sphere of influence for mortgage applicant prospects by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Interviews applicant to determine mortgage loan requirement and gather pertinent information for loan application.
• Requests applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to loan applicant's evaluation.
• Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and assets to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application for verification and recommendation.
• Resolves uncertainties relating to customer application information through inquiries with applicant or creditors.
• Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
• Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to establishment policy.
• Timely submission of rate lock.
• Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
• Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for consumer loans.
• Advises loan manager of external factors that may affect establishment lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations. Recommends and implements appropriate changes to establishment policies and procedures.
• Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriate to customer requirements.
• Provides loan data to support marketing and sales promotion programs.
• This position meets the definition of a Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) by the SAFE Act regulations and is herby required to register and maintain a unique identifying number. The process is coordinated through the Human Resources Department.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Five+ years related recent experience (processing and/or originating)
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software.
• Prior experience with Encompass software a plus.
Licenses and Certification
• Possess or have ability to obtain Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) License.
• Travel may be required for business needs and community involvement.
• Great benefit package - details at https://incrediblebank.mybenefitsapp.com/