At Haines, our people are the backbone of our operation, and they are like family. We believe that happy employees lead to happy customers…and there is no better time to be at Haines than right now! We are on a new journey of growth and change-building on our strong heritage and the commitment of all our associates-and we are looking for talented, hard-working and loyal people to join our distribution family.
Founded in 1874 on the company's core values of providing customers with superior service and products, Haines is among the oldest privately held companies in America. It is the largest floor covering distribution company in the country with operations covering the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
We are actively seeking an Area Manager for our distribution center located in Concord, NC.
We provide competitive salaries, generous benefits, a business casual work environment and fun employee outings and events. Most importantly, we offer opportunities. Everyone in the organization has the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and enjoy the ability to grow their career. In fact, throughout the history of our company many of our company's leaders started in entry-level positions and worked their way up.
To learn more about the Haines experience, please visit www.jjhaines.com.
This role will carry out all assigned responsibilities in accordance with JJ Haines policies and applicable laws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibit a "Customer First" attitude
- Manage delivery accuracy, errors, productivity and set performance expectations
- Train on processes and procedures; evaluate the team members in your area of responsibility
- Train, coach and provide recognition to employees to achieve continuous improvement
- Develop, track, report and improve standards
- Review and evaluate work to ensure quality and timeliness; ensure quality control in adherence to policies and procedures
- Review error and productivity reports with team (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Work closely with customer service, purchasing, inventory control, and credit to manage customer orders
- Trouble shoot order issues to satisfy customers
- Other duties as assigned by facility leadership
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment and assure all team members follow safe work practices
- Take an active role in safety and assist other managers in doing so
- Meet or exceed your safety goals in workers' comp and property damage
- Complete facility inspections monthly and quarterly with Operations Manager
- Evacuation drills according to policy and procedures
- Conduct safety training
- Keep employees informed of processes and procedures
- Verify time in Ascentis time portal and ensure accurate information is entered concerning paid time off
- Partner with the HR Manager to manage disciplinary actions as necessary
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees
- Good employee relations skills with some knowledge of HR practices
- An familiarity with warehouse design and supply chain logistics
- Experience in inventory control
- Experience with safety and OSHA regulations
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends as needed; hours/shift and area of responsibility may change due to business needs
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.