|The Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan (BGCSM) is committed to promoting safe, positive and inclusive environments for all. BGCSM prohibits discrimination and harassment against its youth, teens, employees, applicants for employment, customers, and volunteers – of every race, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, ability, socio-economic status, and religion.
Founded in 1926, Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeastern Michigan (BGCSM) has over 95 years of experience serving youth ages 6-18 by providing a safe, fun place that inspires, while offering high quality programs that provide real-world learning from caring adult mentors. Serving nearly 21,000 youth, families and entrepreneurs annually in Clubs throughout southeastern Michigan, BGCSM works every day to provide a world-class experience, empowering youth to become change agents through economic mobility. By providing high quality youth development programs, BGCSM has reimagined the future of afterschool learning and continues to stay agile and expand to better support the needs of our changing youth, ensuring that they are career, start-up and homeowner ready. To learn more about BGCSM visit www.bgcsm.org and follow us on social media on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!
We are looking for a dynamic professional for the critical role of Chief Operations Officer. In addition to the responsibilities below, the incumbent will:
- manage growth and integration of Ponyride, BGCSM’s small business incubator, fashion retail and workspace
- facilitate strategic site expansion, mergers and acquisitions
- grow earned revenue models including small business makers and workspace, facility rental and fashion retail store
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Chief Operations Officer (COO) is responsible for the organization’s day-to-day operating activities. The COO leads the Operations and Program Management teams, provides leadership to the strategic planning process and manages all Risk, Safety and Quality Assurance for the clubs. The COO also collaborates with Finance, Human Resources, and Resource & Development and is also responsible for regular interactions and updates with the Board of Directors on key initiatives.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Leadership: Lead the development and implementation of organizational infrastructure, in relation to need and available resources, to facilitate achievement of operational goals.
Strategic Planning: Evaluate overall program effectiveness based on participation and achievement of stated goals; recommend modifications to improve program performance, as appropriate; ensure outcome measurement and data analysis drives program improvement and high levels of Club and child safety.
Partnership Development: Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families and community organizations.
Facilities & Maintenance: Manages capital projects and preventive maintenance for all organization sites (i.e. clubs, retail, community and school-based)
Board Development: Support board committees, as assigned.
- Coordinate agency budget development; monitor and report variances in revenues and expenditures.
- Manage administrative and operational processes, overseeing the maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment and other facilities.
- Manage performance of assigned directors and other staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development, community relations and program operations.
- Plan and implement a staff development and training program.
Marketing and Public Relations: Participate in activities to maintain good public relations for Club programs, services and activities; help build public trust.
Technology: Supervise technology staff and ensure adequate resources are in place for member and staff experience
- Ensure the completion of required reports in compliance with BGCA and other entities; and prepare required interagency reports.
- Collaboration on human resources programs and systems including recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development.
Internal: Maintain close contact with assigned directors and other staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with President & Chief Executive Officer and as assigned with the board and its committees.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools and others..