Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing broker-dealer networks in financial services? (Cerulli Associates, 2020) At Atria, we support independent financial professionals and financial institution investment programs so they, in turn, can provide exceptional service to their clients and develop meaningful relationships with them.
We are looking for a Fixed Income Trader to join our organization. In this role, you will be responsible for the trading of all fixed income products including treasury securities, agencies, corporate bonds, municipal bonds, mortgage-backed securities, structured notes, UITs, market linked CD’s and brokerage CD’s. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong analytical, quantitative, technological, communication and relationship building skills all while operating in a fast-paced high stress environment. Additionally, you must be knowledgeable of and able to discuss current market and economic conditions and possess knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn electronic trading platforms such as, Bloomberg, ICE Bond Point, The Muni Center, NETX 360, Wealthscape and SIMON Markets. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite especially Excel and Word. Most importantly, you'll work closely with financial professionals who lean heavily on the knowledge, relationships and expertise of the fixed income desk when considering the complexities and features of trading fixed income products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be apprised of current market and economic conditions.
- Stay informed on regulatory changes and challenges.
- Assist advisors in finding bond offerings.
- Construct sample bond ladders.
- Execute trades with street on behalf of the rep.
- Book executed trades into the Pershing/Fidelity systems.
- Compile and review daily fixed income trade blotter.
- Complete any necessary error reports.
- Compile weekly CD offerings and Fixed Income Rate Update for delivery to reps and upload to website.
- Manage all trading related content on the website.
- Review daily regulatory reports against the trade blotter (TRACE and MSRB).
- Develop and manage fixed income marketing campaigns.
- Build and maintain competitive relationships with counterparties.
- Perform fixed income pre trade regulatory responsibilities (product review, best execution, and material events disclosures).
- Fixed income product research.
- Compile and review daily and monthly regulatory reports (FINRA TRACE & MSRB)
- Update department procedures when applicable.
- Perform tasks assigned by the Trading Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Series 7 License required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience required.
- Proficient knowledge of the financial markets and economy.
- General understanding of the interworking’s of a broker dealer.
- Ability to quickly analyze and solve problems.
- Skilled at multitasking and prioritizing responsibilities.
- Effective communicator (written and verbal).
- Relationship building and management.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Why work at Atria?
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a full benefits package that includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Prescription drug benefits
- Vision insurance
- Retirement savings 401(k) plan with matching
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Critical illness insurance
- Veterinary pet insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Legal plan
Atria Wealth Solutions, Inc. (Atria) is a wealth management solutions holding company focused on delivering a clear path to the future of financial advice for financial professionals, financial institutions and their clients. Headquartered in New York City, Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries empower financial institutions and independent financial professionals with a sophisticated set of tools, services, and capabilities that deepen client relationships and maximize efficiencies in their practices.
Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries include CUSO Financial Services, L.P., Sorrento Pacific Financial, LLC, Cadaret Grant & Co., Inc., NEXT Financial Group, Inc., Western International Securities, Inc., and SCF Securities, Inc. Atria’s subsidiaries together support nearly 2,500 financial professionals and over 200 financial institutions with nearly $100 billion of assets under administration. For more information, please visit www.atriawealth.com.
Atria Wealth Solutions and its affiliated entities are equal opportunity employers that are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Atria Wealth Solutions and its affiliated entities make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
It’s time for the next step in your career. Apply now.