- Smile and maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Follow all Chickie’s & Pete’s service, operational and company standards
- Ensure safe working and dining environment to reduce risk of injury and accidents
- Complete accident reports promptly in the event a Guest or employee is injured
- Engage with Guests to ensure satisfaction by conducting table touches
- Resolve Guest complaints taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied Guests into return Guests
- Impart importance of speed of service and acting with a sense of urgency
- Provide support to General Restaurant Manager in daily operations of the restaurant
- Monitor actions of staff and Guests to ensure safety standards are followed
- Oversee cleaning of service areas and equipment to maintain sanitation standards
- Ensure proper uniform and appearance standards with service staff
- Ensure proper sanitary practices for food handling among service staff
- Ensure service staff is aware of store, food and beverage promotions
- Prepare, maintain and oversee service staff side work
- Perform Micros manager duties in regards to voids, comps, splitting checks, gratuities
- Ensure service staff provides exceptional service, following all steps of service
- Properly check-in deliveries where needed
- Properly set-up and open the location
- Properly cash out servers and settle the bar drawer(s)
- Properly check-out and close the location
- Additional tasks as assigned
*PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO HIRE/FIRE, DISCIPLINE TEAM MEMBERS, OR DO SCHEDULES
Main Responsibilities, Required Skills and Knowledge
Must consistently be able to assess, anticipate and meet Guests’ needs and respond quickly without losing focus or projecting a mood that detracts from the Guests’ overall dining experience.
Must clearly communicate in a professional manner with Guests, vendors, coworkers and management. They must understand instructions, read written company memorandums and communicate when he or she needs more direction or training.
Must adapt to different personalities of Guests and coworkers without losing focus.
Working together as a team is a critical success factor of any restaurant. Establishing good working relationships is key to maintaining a team-oriented work environment.
Sales Techniques and Guest Influence
Must understand all Chickie’s & Pete’s products and services as well as have the ability to understand Guest’s needs clearly. Must gain experience and become current in state-of-the-art sales methods. Must meet sales goals.
Performing General Physical Activities
Must perform physical activities in a variety of environmental conditions that require moderate strength including cleaning, climbing, lifting, walking, balancing and handling of materials. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Problem Solving and Conflict Management
Must recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgement, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure.
General accounting and math skills required along with point of sale application knowledge. Must use logic and reasoning to identify solutions and alternatives for a successful outcome to problems.
Must correctly operate various mechanical devices such as POS systems, credit card machines, mixers and hot beverage makers.
Quality Control and Priority Assessment
Must evaluate current practices and processes; immediately recognize potential areas of conflict; and initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided.
Must speak and write with excellent command of the English language including proper spelling and grammar.
Occasionally works overtime and assists with the workload of others if needed. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Time Management Skills
Must know and use methods and organizational techniques to delegate appropriate tasks and manage staff workloads in a manner that promotes efficiency and respects the time of others.