As a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and equipment for healthcare simulation and education, Pocket Nurse provides solutions and services that create hands-on learning experiences for the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our small business philosophy is, 'Use your best judgement every day.' Not only do we give team members the guidance and tools to succeed, we give them autonomy to do their best for the company to succeed.
The Account Representative is responsible to support sales activities focused on acquiring revenue streams from existing and new customers who can benefit from our product offerings. This role is responsible for meeting monthly and quarterly goals while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
This role requires connecting with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner. The use of persuasive communication skills to sell to others and gain their interest and involvement is an important aspect of the role. A sense of urgency is needed, combined with getting work done accurately and in accordance with company standards. Follow-up of delegated work must be thorough. Decision making will be done with ideas and advice of others and within guidelines of policies.
Key Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
- Researches and analyzes competitor activity, industry trends and current products and provides the Sales Manager with product and service recommendations for review.
- Assists in sales activities to compile prospective customer lists for use as sales leads.
- Researches customer's key players and information to address needs.
- Conducts outbound warm and cold-calling and proactive support of territory management.
- Prices and submits formal quote requests to customers.
- Generates reports and provides the Sales team with data to effectively increase territory sales.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints escalated by the Customer Service team.
- Participates in team meetings and takes responsibility for sales improvement initiatives and other assigned action items.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records, products, demographic information or any information that is specific the planning, development and operation of Pocket Nurse.
- Limited travel for educational exposure of tradeshow and customer visit processes.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Economics or Communications related program and 1 year of related experience in a professional corporate or internship environment or the equivalent of a combination of 5 years of education and experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing, maintaining and growing sales and an understanding of sales principles with the ability to deliver excellent customer experiences.
- Familiarity working with estimating and bid proposals preferred.
- Lead generation, cold calling or campaign generation experience preferred.
- Ability to calculate and monitor profitability at the item, order and account territory levels.
- Highly motivated self-starter with problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with ERP systems preferred, Internet, and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive wages and quarterly and annual bonus opportunities.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options.
- 401(k) with generous company contributions.
- Paid time off, personal time, paid holidays, and flexible/remote hybrid work schedules.
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability insurance.
- Voluntary life, accident, critical illness, and long-term disability insurance.
- Company-wide cookouts, pot-lucks, and work-day events.
- On-site fitness center, free parking and dog-friendly.
- Opportunities for career enhancements through training and educational programs.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the ever-growing healthcare field.
Physical and Cognitive Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk; hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; lift and/or move weight up to 15 pounds. No employee is authorized to lift weight over 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.
This role requires the individual to be able to understand, remember, apply and/or communicate moderately complex information and problems, opposing points of view on moderately complex issues, and collaborate and negotiate on alternative solutions; organize and prioritize thoughts, ideas, and own work schedule; apply common sense, analyze and make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit; express written and spoken word for internal and external communications and compose materials such as detailed reports, forms, letters, manuals, presentations and communicate information; add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; compute rate, ratio, and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs and compute, analyze, and interpret statistical data for reporting purposes and/or to develop forecasts.
Pocket Nurse is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Information is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check).