As a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and equipment for healthcare simulation and education, Pocket Nurse provides solutions and services that create hands-on learning experiences for the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our small business philosophy is, 'Use your best judgement every day.' Not only do we give team members the guidance and tools to succeed, we give them autonomy to do their best for the company to succeed. This privately held company has been in business since 1992 and is experiencing strong growth year after year.
The Account Manager is responsible to directly work with the Regional Territory Manager (RTM) to focus on acquiring revenue streams from existing customers as well as bringing on new customers who can benefit from our product offerings. The Account Manager will be responsible for meeting monthly and quarterly quotas while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
This job requires connecting with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner. Using persuasive communication to sell to others and gain their interest is an important aspect of the job. A sense of urgency is needed, combined with getting work done in complete, accurate detail and in accordance with company standards. Follow-up of delegated work must be thorough. Change is ongoing but approached cautiously with the support and guidance of others.
Key Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
- Supports the activities of the RTM in a manner that increases brand awareness, product presence, and revenue generation for all company products.
- Utilizes a solutions selling approach with our existing customers, prospects and lost accounts.
- Adheres to defined customer pricing, whether on a per order/quote basis or at the account level as it pertains to recurring/repeat business, while remaining within company-approved tolerances.
- Conducts outbound warm and cold-calling and proactive territory management on a daily basis.
- Prices and submits formal quote/bid requests from customers on a daily basis.
- Contributes information for sales strategies by evaluating current product results, identifying needs to be filled, monitoring competitive products, and analyzing and relaying customer reactions.
- Compiles and qualifies lists of prospective customers and escalates to the RTM based on established criteria.
- Monitors assigned territory sales activity and communicates trends to the RTM and Marketing Manager as it pertains to sales/marketing initiatives.
- Coordinates with the Sales and Customer Service teams working on the same account to ensure consistent service.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints escalated by the Customer Service team.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records, products, demographic information or any information that is specific the planning, development and operation of Pocket Nurse.
- Limited travel primarily for educational exposure of tradeshow processes.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or equivalent of a minimum of 6 years combination of education and experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of success in developing, maintaining and growing a large book of business within an assigned geographic territory.
- Familiarity working with estimating, bid proposals, and contract negotiations required.
- Ability to calculate and monitor profitability at the item, order, and account territory levels.
- Ability to analyze accounts to create a selling/marketing strategy specific to each territory's unique geographic and demographic characteristics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and business presentation acumen.
- Proficiency with ERP systems, Internet, and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Procurement Platforms and selling through Cooperatives & GPOs a plus.
- Experience working with the development of distributor/reseller networks a plus.
- Experience with K-12 and Higher Education selling cycles and purchasing platforms a plus.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive wages and quarterly and annual bonus opportunities.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options.
- 401(k) with generous company contributions.
- Paid time off, personal time, paid holidays, and flexible/remote hybrid work schedules.
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability insurance.
- Voluntary life, accident, critical illness, and long-term disability insurance.
- Company-wide cookouts, potlucks, and work-day events.
- On-site fitness center, free parking, and dog-friendly.
- Opportunities for career enhancements through training and educational programs.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the ever-growing healthcare field.
Physical and Cognitive Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk; hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; lift and/or move weight up to 15 pounds. No employee is authorized to lift weight over 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.
This role requires the individual to be able to understand, remember, apply and/or communicate complex information and problems, opposing points of view on complex issues, and collaborate and negotiate on alternative solutions; organize and prioritize thoughts, ideas, and own work schedule; apply common sense, analyze and make decisions which have significant impact on immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit; express written and spoken word for internal and external communications and compose materials such as detailed reports, forms, letters, manuals, presentations and communicate information; add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; compute rate, ratio, and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs and compute, analyze, and interpret statistical data for reporting purposes and/or to develop forecasts.
Pocket Nurse is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Information is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check).