The Human Resources Specialist will assist with various human resource matters with a focus on employee relations and benefit administration. The HR Specialist will report directly to the Executive Director of Human Resources but will work closely with the Director of Human Resource Services as well as the Director of Employment. This part-time/temporary position is anticipated to continue for a period of up to one year. The position hours will typically be 30-40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- General HR support
- Benefit Administration: Administers health and welfare plan, including enrollments, changes and termination. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance provided to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions. Reconcile benefit billing.
- Employee Relations: Conduct thorough investigations and prepares investigation report for the ED of HR.
- Ensure timely and accurate entries into the HRIS system for all new hires, transfers, promotions, changes and terminations.
- Communicate with staff and provide instruction and guidance regarding policies and practices such as payroll, compliance issues and employment inquires
- Maintain accurate personnel files, ensure timely filing of applicable documents.
- Assist with processing employee time off requests and timesheets to payroll system
- Assists with scheduling meetings and interviews as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong team player
- Commitment to company values
- Basic computer proficiency
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local applicable employment laws
Note: Applicants must currently be authorized to lawfully work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. EOE.
Applications should be submitted by electronic submission (online application via MyStaffingPro) to the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Office of Human Resources, see link below or visit the Career Opportunities page on the Burrell website.
Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine is an equal opportunity employer
and values diversity in our faculty and staff as an important aspect of the educational process.
BCOM encourages individuals with varied backgrounds and experience to apply.