Trump Winery is seeking a Line Cook with a passion for providing truly exceptional guest experiences. This position will support our Tasting Room as well as our boutique hotel, the Albemarle Estate at Trump Winery.
If you're looking to further your career at an establishment that offers competitive wages, career advancement opportunities, and values it's employees as much as it's guests, join us!
Position: Line Cook
Location: Trump Winery, 20 minutes south of Downtown Charlottesville
Benefits: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance, PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year with up to 6% match, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more.
Schedule: FT - Exact schedule TBD - Open available needed - evening and weekend availability required
- Responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to recipes and specifications
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff to appropriate business-level pars
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Receive, and stock inventory appropriately; place orders on occasion when directed, follow FIFO and product rotation to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Will cook for Albemarle Estate at Trump Winery, Tasting Room, and Events
- Ensure that food is prepared and served according to appropriate time levels; during busy moments, is utilizing tools and practices to ensure the wait is not excessive
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Perform all kitchen-related opening and closing duties
- Perform cleaning tasks in the kitchen and Tasting Room, as assigned
- Team Player attitude with coworkers with the understanding that this is a professional environment that requires cooperation to ensure the success for our guest.
- Other duties, as assigned by management
- Must be able to work efficiently and quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Positive, professional, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-directed, motivated, independent, and able to take direction; “can do” attitude
- Outstanding customer service; sincere desire to create a memorable guest experience; handle pressure gracefully; commitment to excellence and high standards
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- 80% company paid medical premium with only a $1,000 deductible
- 80% company paid dental premium
- 80% company paid vision premium
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- 401k with up to 6% company match
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Wine training opportunities
- Two paid team volunteer days per year
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).