|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Flexible for the right candidate; East Coast / EST strongly preferred
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is looking for a skilled Executive Assistant with a passion for social justice issues to join our growing organization.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the Chief of Staff and the Office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant will manage the Chief of Staff’s calendar, support infrastructure of the whole CEO Office, coordinate internal meetings, and support the CEO when necessary. The Executive Assistant may also be called upon to lead material creation and other duties depending on skills and interest.
This position requires an administrative professional with high attention to detail, excellent communication and coordination skills, ability to problem solve and independently prioritize work, and anticipate the needs of the CEO Office team members. The Executive Assistant must possess fluency or ability to develop fluency with work process tools used by the team, including Zoom, G-Suite, Salesforce, Asana, Sharefile, Slack, and others.
- Coordinate and support the Office of the CEO, including the Chief of Staff and CEO, efforts and infrastructure
- Act as the scheduling point of contact among the Chief of Staff, President/COO, and CEO.
- Track and coordinate CEO Office priorities and duly escalate as needed; managing the CEO Office internal calendar and when needed, the CEO internal and external calendar
- Note-taking and other support tasks for CEO-Office specific meetings
- Assist with coordinating travel for the Chief of Staff and CEO.
- Collaborate with the CEO’s Executive Assistant to ensure shared understanding of goals and priorities amongst CPE leadership
- Contribute to event and retreat planning and execution for CPE
- Develop and/or edit tools, forms, templates, and organizational learning resources
- Support CPE leadership team with use of platforms and tools, including Asana, G Suite and team shared folder, Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack. This may include upload of materials and content entry.
- Other ongoing duties, as assigned
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in an executive-level support role (e.g., Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Project Coordinator) with demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to discern which meetings should be prioritized to support the CEO’s and broader organization’s objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive in surfacing problems and finding solutions
- Comfortable taking initiative and “managing up” to move tasks forward
- Passionate about social justice issues
- Confidence using business productivity and task management platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in G Suite, specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Ability to learn and become fluent in Asana, Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials: