• Must have current Wisconsin Nursing Aid Certifiation in good standing
• Must have good communication skills
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
• Previous experience providing personal care to impaired individuals in a health care setting preferred
• CPR certified
COGNITIVE OR MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
Must have organizational skills, ability to observe and report patient/resident status and implement the plan of care. Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
See attached Description of Physical Demands for this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB, DEPARTMENTAL EXPECTATIONS
1. Performs initial and ongoing data collection on all patients/residents under the direction of the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse.
2. Implements plan of care based on patient/resident physical, psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs.
3. Provides direct patient/resident care and reports condition and changes to RN or LPN.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of, and respect for the rights, dignity and inviduality of each resident in all interactions.
5. Interacts effectively with individuals who are cognitively and/or physically impaired.
6. Actively maintains the confidentiality of resident and facility information.
7. Demonstrates respect for co-workers and responds to needs of residents by complying with facility policies on attendance and punctuality. Arrives and begins work on time.
8. Has working knowledge and ability to comply with facility policies and procedures for workplace safety including infection control procedures, application of universal precautions for bloodborne pathogens, use of personal protective equipment and handling of hazardous materials.
4. Demonstrates time management and prioritization of tasks.
5. Documents results of patient/resident care within established policies, procedures and scope of practice.
6. Other duties: Completes all other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS OF THE EMPLOYEE
It is the expectation that the employee complies with applicable standards of behavior and conduct, including but not limited to, standards of conduct, customer services standards, and professional code of ethics.