|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
MedData has an excellent career opportunity available as a Patient Advocate to work in a hospital setting located in Huntersville, NC.
The schedule for this full-time role is 10am-7pm, Monday-Friday.
The purpose of this position is to connect uninsured hospital patients to programs that will cover their medical expenses. Working as the liaison between the patient in need, the hospital facility and government agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSDIBILITIES:
- Screen uninsured hospital patients in an effort to determine if patient is a viable candidate for federal, state, and/or county medical or disability assistance.
- Complete the appropriate applications and following through until approved
- Detailed, accurate and timely documentation in both MPower and the hospital systems on all cases worked
- Provide exceptional customer service skills at all times
- Participate in ongoing trainings in order to apply the content learned in dealings with patients and cases
- Maintain assigned work queue of patient accounts
- Collaborate with hospital staff, case managers, social workers, financial counselors
- Answer incoming telephone calls, make out-bound calls, and track (via MPower) all paperwork necessary to submit enrollment and renewal for prospective Medicaid patients.
- Maintain structured and timely contact with the applicant and responsible government agency, by phone whenever possible or as structured via the daily work queue.
- Assist the applicant with gathering any additional reports or records, meeting appointment dates and times and arrange transportation if warranted
- Request home visits as needed to acquire documentation
- As per established protocols, inform the client in a timely manner of all approvals and denials of coverage
- Participate in additional training requirements in an effort to stay abreast of the ever changing rules and regulations associated with the various governmental programs
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, except when required by our client.
- Prior hospital or medical office experience is an advantage
- Adaptability when dealing with constantly changing processes, computer systems and government programs
- Professional experience working with state and federal programs
- Exemplary critical thinking skills
- Ability to maneuver throughout the hospital and patients’ rooms for up to 8 hours per day
- Proficient experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and Outlook
- Effectively communicate both orally and written, to a variety of individuals
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
MedData believes in making a positive impact not only within our industry but also with our employees –the organization’s greatest asset. We take pride in offering comprehensive benefits in a vast array of plans that contribute to the present and future well-being of our employees and their families.
Just some of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- HSA, FSA
- Paid Time Off: Up to 3 weeks first year PTO plus 7 paid Holidays
- Employee referral bonus program
- Teamwork: We believe in teamwork and having fun together
- Career Growth: Gain great experience to promote to higher roles
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|MedData is a healthcare revenue cycle management services provider with more than 40 years of experience. We offer hospitals and health systems a full complement of solutions, including eligibility & enrollment, accounts receivable management & recovery, self-pay/early out, and denials management. We currently serve nearly 2000 facilities nationwide from our headquarters in Houston and more than 20 regional offices across the United States.
At MedData, we take great pride in our company, in each other, and in our 40+ year history of accomplishments and success. This pride is reflected in our everyday approach to working together. Each team member understands the importance of being part of a company that values their individual contributions and strives to help them achieve their personal goals as they work together to achieve the broader corporate goals. We believe that every team member contributes directly to MedData's growth and success, and we are constantly searching for new talented, passionate and enthusiastic people who will take pride in being an integral part of our culture.