Welcome to Mans Lumber & Millwork, family owned and operated since 1900. We are always looking for friendly, hard-working people with all sorts of skill sets and backgrounds. Whether you are a lumber whiz, a customer-service superstar, or even the neighborhood trivia champ, there is a good chance you’ll find the perfect career path to showcase your talents and grow!
We offer a benefits package that is rated in the top 10% of the lumber and building materials industry, we promote from within, and we focus on creating balance between your friends and family at home, and the friends you will make here. We are not looking for the ordinary; we are looking for the extraordinary! Think this describes you, then please keep reading:
Mans Lumber and Millwork provides value through quality materials and superior service. Box Van Drivers will transport lumber and building materials using company vehicles and equipment in a safe, efficient and customer focused manner. Additionally, the right candidate should be willing to assist in the process of manufacturing (standing and running trim and radius mouldings at our Legendary Millwork facility). This individual will learn to set up and operate traditional woodworking equipment including but not limited to; rip saw, planer, joiner, sander, shaper table, overhead radius shaper and moulder (in addition to maintaining good housekeeping within all areas of the shop).
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
- Operate hi-lo (we will ensure you are certified first)
- Stage and package finished goods for delivery
- Prep material for handling
- Load finished goods into the Box Van
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside the Box Van to prevent breakage or damage
- Transport finished goods from place of origin to assigned destination
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload the materials at selected destinations
- Receive inbound material and store appropriately
- Complete and maintain required training and licenses (chauffer license, DOT medical card, hi-lo certification, etc.)
- Being friendly and professional, responding quickly to customer and team member needs
- Communicate with peers, customers, and vendors respectfully, honestly, and openly
- Maintain a clean, efficient work environment
Preferred Additional Duties
- Demonstrate the ability to visually recognize many domestic and imported hardwood styles
- Sort between 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4 and 10/4 thickness lumber
- Process rough hardwood lumber on a straight-line rip saw
- Other shop duties as assigned
Responsibilities & Relationships
- A strong steward of Mans culture and core values
- Punctual; understanding “on-time” is late
- Dependable; no excuses mentality, “my team depends on me”
- Possess an influencing presence internally and communicate ideas in a way that persuades others to buy-in and take-action (both written and verbal)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Clean driving record
- Previous experience in a wood manufacturing or similar environment is preferred
- Familiarity with a variety of building products and/or building material industry experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and complete basic math and measuring
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of ambition, self-motivation, and self-discipline
- Customer focused mind-set; a natural pleaser
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Proven ability to build relationships, gain rapport quickly, and collaborate internally and externally
- Able to set and achieve goals for themselves and equally hold others accountable
- Excellent communicator in group and individual settings
- Ability to flex in and out of managing multiple projects
- Have boundless curiosity and intuition, and are relentless in the pursuit of knowledge
- Consistently focused on doing great work that is highly accurate and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Continually manages time efficiently, with the capabilities to multi-task and problem solve
This job operates in a shop setting. This role routinely uses equipment and tools on an assembly line. Standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, bar code scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines may also be used.
This is largely labor-intensive role and qualified candidates will be required to use their arms, hands, legs and back regularly. This role would also require the ability to lift, bend, walk and stand as necessary, as well as lift 80+ pounds consistently.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. Overtime may be required during peak season (May-October).
Perks (the good stuff!)
World-class benefits consisting of Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental coverage, vision insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with generous match of 4%, life insurance, pet insurance, legal assistance, Identity theft protection, charitable and community service initiatives, progressive paid time-off policy, paid holidays, and annual profit-sharing/bonus eligibility.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.