The Management Trust
Position Title: Activities Director
Location: Highland, CA at East Highlands Ranch
Reporting To: Club Manager
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
The Management Trust is a community association management company. We believe that building and maintaining a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It takes integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee-owned community management firm in the nation. Our Employee Owners are encouraged to actively participate in growing our business by helping define best practices every day. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore this opportunity to join The Management Trust team.
EMPLOYEE OWNER POSITION PURPOSE:
The Activities Director is responsible for managing operations, maintenance, and oversight of the Association Lodge and community common areas. This includes social, crafts, recreational, leisure-time, and related activities. The role takes point on promotion and charge of all events, volunteers, and ensuring a safe, helpful, and clean working environment. As directed by the Association’s Board of Directors, this position complies with and enforces the governing Association documents and rules, while implementing Board policies.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to phone, email, and correspondence inquiries from homeowners and Board members
- Schedule, plan, and organize activities and events; this includes facilitating speakers, classes, special interest activities, etc.
- Create, print, and distribute various communications, such as flyers, tickets, and the Association newsletter
- Sell advertising and maintain records/billing to advertisers and all other communication pertaining to the newsletter
- Coordinate and administer the community website
- Enlist and oversee the volunteer committee – particularly to process the monthly newsletter mailing
- Coordinate and hire independent instructors as needed
- Document and maintain records of events for future use
- Maintain various Association files and obtain necessary credentials/certifications and insurance
- Facilitate the Club approval process with the Board of Directors
- Support the Club in scheduling events and coordination as needed, including setup, publicizing, and attending events as requested
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Associate’s Degree preferred
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in event and communications support – generally between 1-4 years, depending on the position level
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word; intermediate skills a plus
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and address time-sensitive issues
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be a team player who is committed to delivering high-level customer service
- Ability to manage workflow amid shifting priorities
- Adaptable and dependable with a solid attendance record
- Professional and respectful demeanor with all internal and external customers at all times
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and driving record in compliance with Company policy
- Use standard office equipment, including: computer, phone, copier/scanner, etc.
- Be stationary for periods of time
- Relocate up to (25) pounds
- Possibly travel to and from offsite locations
SUPERVISES OTHERS? IF SO, LIST:
SCHEDULE & TRAVEL:
- Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- May be required to work weekends and holidays
The Management Trust is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity.
TMT reserves the right to modify this job description at any time based on business need.