Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) who is passionate about people? Are you looking for a job where you’ll enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to make a difference in your community? Then join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization committed to building a world that realizes the boundless potential of all people. For more than forty years, we’ve provided people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges the support and services to thrive. Our person-centered approach to care celebrates people for who they are and empowers them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Will you join us? Apply today!
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Why Boundless?
- Excellent benefits including no-cost dental, vision, and life insurance
- A Boundless sponsored $150 deposited into your flexible spending plan
- 232 hours of paid time off
- Student loan forgiveness through the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Scholarships geared towards professional development and continued education
- Career growth opportunities
Salary range: $60,000 - $65,000 annually
What You Will be Doing
We want people to join our team who share our values of love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. The Registered Nurse (RN) will provide and supervise the provision of behavioral health nursing and care coordination services for individuals served within the community including in our supported living and behavioral health services. The RN will supervise, coordinate, and delegate the management of health care for individuals living served, ensuring that individuals medical and wellness needs, and personal outcomes are met. The RN will be competent while delivering care to persons we support utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. The RN will effectively interact with individuals served, their families, our Boundless associates, and other health team members while maintaining all standards of professional nursing. Services are predominately provided in the community. Services may be provided on an individual or group basis in the office, via telehealth, in home environments, or other settings within the community.
The Registered Nurse reports to the Lead RN and is responsible for ensuring that the physical and behavioral health needs of the clients are met and maintained on an individualized basis in accordance with policies and procedures, and current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provides nursing services to individuals with particular attention to the identification of health and wellness needs. Oversees and implements plans to meet these needs.
- Ensures coordination of care of medical, behavioral health, and wellness services; serves as the medical liaison with individuals served, families, physicians, and significant others.
- Provides training and observations related to Medication Administration, administering G-tube nutrition and insulin as well as other health care factors and treatment. Maintains records to ensure that staff have the required training in Medication Administration.
- Provides regular review of medical and nursing practices and required documentation requirements. Ensures that the information in the medical record is maintained and meets regulatory standards. Monitors and ensures compliance with Boundless policies and procedures, and of all DODD, ODH, OMHAS, and other regulatory requirements.
- Participates as member of the interdisciplinary team working with other professional staff assessing, developing, implementing, evaluating, and modifying care plans to best support the needs of the individuals.
- Provides consultation and education services to staff, individuals, parents and significant others regarding health and safety related issues.
- Participates in the admission of new residents to Supported Living homes.
- May provide consultation to LPNs.
- Performs the duties of the LPN in their absence.
- Provides medical and wellness input to various assigned committees for strategic planning, policy development, and quality assurance.
- Attends meetings and trainings as necessary.
- Obtains and maintains any training/certifications required within identified timeframes.
- All other assigned duties.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility. However, this RN may provide consultation to LPNs and other staff within behavioral health and supported living programs.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The job will also operate in the community and the homes of individuals served where the person will be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients and specimens in working that environment or other clinical environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires intermittent physical activity, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as lifting and supporting patients.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days have flexibility based upon the department needs, but are primarily Monday through Friday, should fall between 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This schedule may change daily depending upon operation and individuals needs with evening and weekend work required as job duties demand. Requirement to cover on-call rotation..
Travel is primarily local and during the business day, includes traveling to various client homes or Boundless locations to provide services and supervision.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Current RN license in the State of Ohio.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with 5 points or less.
Special Skills and Requirements
- A commitment to the mission and vision of our organization.
- Ability to work with sensitive information.
- Strong, professional ethics, integrity, and accountability in all actions.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.