About Mid Michigan Community Action Agency
MMCAA is a nonprofit community action agency whose mission is to guide local residents on the path to self-sufficiency through empowerment, education and community enrichment. The early childhood services department provides comprehensive Head Start home based services, Head Start and GSRP preschool services as well as WIC services.
PAY RATE: $17.55/hour with BA
$2500 for new Regular Full-Time employees to be paid out as follows:
$500 at time of hire (first paycheck)
$500 at successful completion of 90 days (removed from providisonal status)
$1500 at successful completion of school year
What you will do:
- Head Start Lead Teacher is a part of the teaching team offering comprehensive in classroom, services to children and families. The responsibilities of the Lead Teacher include:
- Execute a developmentally appropriate curriculum, providing activities to meet required components of the Service Delivery Plan, enhancing the physical, intellectual, social, and emotional growth of young children.
- Must be able to actively engage young children in intentional learning.
- Responsible to assure the safety and well-being of every child in care.
- Promote a team approach in program coordination with site staff, management staff, Policy Council and area school personnel.
- Must actively engage family involvement in the program, including child and family goal setting.
- Must observe and assess childrens learning and enter necessary data into applicable databases.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a developmentally appropriate and safe classroom environment.
- Responsible for maintaining classroom staffing ratios at all times.
- Be able to perform as an effective team member and promote positive concepts in the classroom.
- Responsible for conducting two home visits and two parent teacher conferences annually.
- Must effectively supervise classroom staff, as well as volunteers/subs.
What we will love about you:
- Must possess a bachelors degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education or a teaching degree with a ZS or ZA endorsement.
- Complete 16 hours of annual training in addition to CPR, First Aid and Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability as a strength-based leader.
- Demonstrated ability to present information to community groups.
- Teaching Strategies Gold, Creative Curriculum, and Child Plus preferred.
- Head Start/GSRP/Child Care Licensing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Creative Curriculum/Teaching Strategies Gold/Child Plus preferred.
What you will love about us:
MMCAA promotes a supportive team approach, is committed to employee success, and provides a full benefit package including
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Paid Professional Development
- Life insurance
- Employer sponsored retirement
- Opportunity for advancement
- Summers off
Applicants must provide proof of COVID 19 vaccination.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.