DAVACO is a leading turn-key solution provider with more than 30 years of experience supporting the world's leading brands with the development, transformation, and maintenance of their physical sites throughout North America. In collaboration with a diversified base of clients, DAVACO delivers scale, speed, and high-quality solutions that solve tomorrow’s challenges today.
DAVACO is currently looking for a dynamic Director of Operations with a proven track record of successfully providing support and understanding for all field personnel and bridging relations between Operations and the field.
Director of Operations is responsible for working with clients, office managers, field staff and project managers. Position reports directly to VP – Operations (Retail Services).
Person needs strong knowledge of merchandising skills, project estimating, planning, and execution, along with strong understanding of all retail fixtures and safety training requirements for retail power equipment.
Familiarity with Home Depot MLX systems and Lowe’s Retail GIS system would be helpful.
The Director of Operations/Retail Service will lead planning, organization and successful execution of retail, restaurant, and hospitality projects. Projects will range in size and complexity and will stretch across the US. This position will provide leadership to the Project Management team and will work with the Field employees to ensure projects are carried out safely while maintaining project quality, schedule, costs and customer satisfaction. This position is customer focus and the primary point of contact for our clients.
- Oversees all projects and ensures they are executed and completed on time and within budget.
- Reviews project proposals to determine timelines, installation, materials, staffing and available resources throughout the project
- Develop timelines and critical path scheduling for initial project start up
- Provides input on future projects, strategic planning to develop long term plans for growth
- Responsible for project billing, review contracts, ensure job margins are being met
- Responsible for close-out activities
- Lead Project Managers, develop their skills through mentoring, training and performance reviews
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and mentor a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret project plans, specifications, technical procedures, and regulations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Proficiency in Excel is a MUST) Strong working knowledge of Oracle Business Suite, MS Project a plus.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend, stoop, reach, lift, sit, stand, and move and/or carry items less than 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone calls. Standing is required for filing and copying.