The Chief Operating Officer- Mentee (COO) is an Executive mentorship position which will be mentored into a position which provides Executive level support to the CEO regarding organizational operations within TCRHCC integrated health system. The COO provides Executive leadership to Senior Leadership and has delegated supervisory responsibility for positions assigned to report to them per the CEO. The COO is responsible for the Leadership supervision mentoring, assigned evaluations, oversight, and when necessary, discipline for those positions within the Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation’s health system.
The COO mentee will learn to be responsible for making recommendations regarding the overall strategic direction and oversight of the organization and of providing direction over the healthcare system’s operational management which includes, but is not limited to, development, day to day operations and implementation of other healthcare system Strategic Plan. The COO is responsible for the quality and provision of services provided and in setting and accomplishing the overall mission and goals of TCRHCC as directed by the CEO and per the Strategic Plan. The COO will mentor to serve as a leader on the Senior Leadership Council (SLC).
The COO mentee will participate and successfully complete the mentorship training program for the COO position, which will include the following elements:
- Complete rotations through TCRHCC divisions with assigned Senior Leader, to provide the mentee an understanding of the functions of the various departments and programs, and how it pertains to the overall operations of the organization.
- The mentorship training plan will identify the key competencies (listed below) and performance goals. The plan will incorporate the measurement of towards performance goals through ongoing communication between mentor and mentee.
- The mentor will work closely with mentor to develop strategic thinking skills to include assessing operation metrics and continued quality improvement to assure that TCRHCC meets its strategic goals and mission.
COO mentee will successfully be competent in learning and demonstrating the ability to oversee/manage the duties below:
- Primary senior advisor to the CEO and works closely with the CEO to develop and accomplish the goals and objectives of the integrated clinical and business Strategic Plan.
- Work in cooperation with the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Council to develop and accomplish the Strategic Plan and to implement the goals, mission and objectives of TCRHCC.
- Provides knowledge and expertise to the CEO, the Board of Directors and others regarding all aspects of the organizational components of the hospital and makes suggestions and provides guidance in order to assure the provision of high-quality care to TCRHCC patients.
- Works closely with the Senior Leadership Council to ensure compliance of the full medical staff with regards to the medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations of the State, Federal and regulatory mandates and standards and TCRHCC policies and procedures.
- Promotes a team approach working with Senior Leadership to oversee, quality and risk management, development and maintenance of organizational departments, participating in assigned committees Reviews and provides input regarding policies and make recommendations to the Senior Leadership Council on relevant organization-wide policies, oversees the general conduct of care of the staff and oversees the reported breaches of standard of care, and participates in professional review actions.
- Provides insight and leadership in his/her collaboration with the CEO, and SLC in the development, building and management of a staff capable of meeting patient care objectives and linking clinical practices to clinical and financial operational strategies.
- Provides functional guidance to ensure efficient and effective coordination of quality management resources and efforts, including patient referrals/notifications.
- Functions as administrator on-call in the absence of the CEO or as delegated per Administrator On-Call Schedule.
- While working as the CEO’s advisor, the COO shall foster and contribute to a close and mutually beneficial relationship between and with the Chief of Medical Staff, the medical staff, hospital management and the Board of Directors.
- Recommends clinical service practice objectives and contributes to the expanded mission of a seamless, integrated healthcare system for TCRHCC patients and develops and implements the strategies to integrate clinical performance and quality information and data collection as needed for quality patient care.
- Works in close cooperation with the CEO to monitor and promote the efficient use of hospital resources, including operational business functions like budget, staffing, equipment and purchased referred care and patient referred care coordination.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, training and leadership to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and to improve employee and customer satisfaction and to create and maintain a work environment with high morale and productivity.
- Assists the CEO with facilities needs assessments and recommends retention strategies and recruitment strategies for organizational staff.
- Represents TCRHCC in the community and at various community functions as may be designated by the CEO. Provides input to the Board of Directors regarding the hospital’s performance related to TCRHCC’s mission, vision and goals, and in meeting the Joint Commission requirements.
- Provides management oversight to medical risk and general liability issues for TCRHCC.
- Maintains familiarity with the Commission Corps rules and requirements, writing of COERs, awards and the recommendation for advancement/promotion of Commissioned Officers under his/her supervision.
- Works to develop and maintain quality professional relationships with referring and non-referring physicians and suggests, recommends and implements methodologies to improve area service planning and develop strong professional relationships.
- Works closely with the CMO/CMIO and CIO in the optimizing the performance and monitoring of the hospital’s electronic health records systems and works with all EHR users to ensure the successful implementation of the electronic health records systems in accordance with the Federal regulatory guidelines.
- Works closely with the CEO and CMO to communicate and collaborate with the medical staff structure and develops plans for continual improvement on the efficiency and effectiveness of the medical staff as a group, as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Assist in analyzing the current information technology infrastructure and assist CIO and Senior Leaders in assessing and evaluating other information technology and financial systems that support TCRHCC strategic growth and mission.
- In conjunction with the CEO, the COO shall ensure that patient care policies and procedures and patient admission criteria have been effectively established, implemented and monitored. Provides leadership and guidance to the Leadership staff in developing and implementing ongoing effective and efficient educational, performance improvement programs and trainings that advance the quality of patient care delivery and advance service excellence.
- Works closely with Senior Leaders in managing projects, promoting communication and information flow to ensure timelines are met and resources are effectively managed.
- Based on projected patient volumes, visits and utilization, monitors the impact of growth on the facility’s existing space plan; propose, plan, and works with Senior Leaders on expansion and enhancement projects, if required.
- Able to speak to Financials and productivity stats integrating info into operational decision making.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the CEO.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a professional employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
This position requires an individual of high energy that can maintain a long and flexible schedule to meet the leadership requirements of this position. Includes long periods sitting in meetings; intense work on a computer; frequent walking and standing to reach locations in the facility to round on organizational services; occasional reaching, bending, driving, climbing, kneeling, crouching and twisting. Work involves some light carrying and the ability to occasionally lift/push/pull over 100lbs.Must have ability of far vision, near vision, color vision, depth perception, seeing fine details, hearing normal speech, hearing overhead pages and telephone use. Must have ability for simple/firm grasping and fine manipulation of both hands and use of keyboard
Uses independent judgment and analytical skills to make decisions that impact the delivery of patient care and customer service within the organization and to carry out all responsibilities related to this position. Must be able to continually cope with high levels of stress, make decisions under high pressure, concentrate, handle multiple priorities in stressful situation, work alone, demonstrate high degree of patience, frequently handle high degree of flexibility, and occasionally cope with anger/fear/hostility of others in a calm way, manage altercations and work in areas that are close and crowded.
May occasionally be exposed to infectious diseases and extremes in temperature or humidity.