Seeking Part-time RN interested in on-site and telework position
Position is for 20 hours a week of day/evening hours in our adult transition home (ATH). Rotating after hours and weekend on-call schedule which primarily includes review and triage for emergency admissions and paperwork and nurse-to-nurse calls with Emergency Room nurse. May require a face-to-face nursing assessment on a Saturday and/or Sunday. Position may transition into full time position at a later time.
REACH is a crisis prevention, intervention and stabilization system to support individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, as well as a mental health condition or challenging behavior that is negatively affecting their quality of life. REACH provides consultation, prevention, development of crisis education & prevention plans, community based mobile support and crisis therapeutic home services.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for ensuring REACH Therapeutic services are provided in accordance with regulations of the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services (DBHDS) and Virginia Board of Nursing (BON).
• Responsible for reviewing admission documentation for clinical appropriateness for admission.
• Reviews admission paperwork to ensure that admission criteria are met.
• Takes verbal orders for medications and treatment from licensed physicians or their designees.
• Provides transcription of physician orders for medication administration into eHR.
• Provides ongoing training, supervision and oversight to unlicensed assistive personnel and LPN.
• Determines competencies of unlicensed staff for delegation of nursing tasks.
• Provides comprehensive clinical evaluations and treatment by providing nursing assessments required within 24 hours.
• Coordinates with Physician on admissions to facility.
• Maintains contact with families and/or providers and identifies on-going support and training/treatment needs for families and providers who utilize REACH Crisis Home Services.
• Maintains relationships with community partners.
• Attends required meetings.
• Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Virginia BON.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree and no less than one year of relevant experience preferred.
• Experience in intellectual/developmental disabilities. Knowledge of Mental Health and I/DD systems of care preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing