Parsons Electric, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America's premier electrical and low voltage providers based in the Midwest. Since 1927, we have been tackling challenges head-on to help our customers reach new levels of success. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Parsons Electric has offices across the Midwest including St. Paul, Coon Rapids, Plymouth, Rochester, Duluth and Fargo.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed within our organization.
The culture at Parsons Electric is built around empowerment and our shared core values Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe theres always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with Parsons Electric begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our culture.
Join a team thats breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
Responsible for leadership and coordination of all preconstruction activities on large volume commercial construction projects, including developing preliminary budgets, value engineering, preconstruction schedules, procurement plans, prequalification of subcontractors, detailed take-off and estimating. This position manages bid package scopes, the subcontractor/supplier bidding process, evaluation of bids, problem resolution, presentation of detailed estimates of the work, job communication and client satisfaction activities, in alignment with all Company policies, procedures, key objectives and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads, organizes and coordinates the planning, scheduling and implementation of preconstruction activities and personnel involved in these activities.
- Creates opportunities to build long-term relationships with general contractors, owners and engineers through networking and marketing. Communicates how the Company can bring a value-added approach to their project(s).
- Responsible for the accuracy of the estimate. Reviews drawings, specifications and all other construction documents and makes sure others involved in the project are aware of construction-related problems, completeness of information and potential risks involved in general conditions and supplementary conditions.
- Prepares budgets, estimates and bid proposals to be awarded projects.
- Provides real time cost analysis and recommendations to meet or exceed the projects overall budget, schedule and customer expectations.
- Participates in the preparation of construction schedules for estimating purposes.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary, schematic, design development and construction estimates and studies during preconstruction, monitors design development cost trends in order to detect over-runs and potential problem areas. Directs the value engineering process.
- Directs and assists architects and engineers with design responsibilities.
- Maintains current estimating records, studies, unit prices, budget estimates, etc.
- Supports project manager(s) with evaluation of subcontractor proposals.
- Ensures all estimates and RFPs are fulfilled to the customers or the Companys conditions for satisfaction.
- Stays informed of new electrical codes, technology, techniques and practices.
- Assists in the interview procurement process.
- Promotes the Company image through exercising sound and ethical business practices and providing quality services and programs as they relate to clients, subcontractors, co-workers, suppliers and the public.
- Implements LEAN concepts and methodologies for continuous improvement of operations processes and activities. Educates others on LEAN approaches.
- Provides regular and high-quality hiring, communications, mentoring, coaching, problem-solving and training to staff and other co-workers at all levels as needed. Advises and coaches employees and provides performance feedback regularly.
- Stays informed of new and changing Company procedures, policies, materials, technologies, techniques and practices.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the Company and works creatively to best support the Companys long-term goals. Champions and models the Company culture at all times.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Follows all guidelines, policies and procedures established by the Company.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in engineering, construction management, building construction or a related field.
- Minimum 7-10 years of electrical construction experience in estimating, common code requirements, and design/build estimating and preconstruction with a concentration in large commercial construction projects.
- Minimum 2-4 years of project management experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing people.
- Previous experience using Accubid or similar estimating software. Strong conceptual estimating skills.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices. Must have extensive knowledge of the electrical code.
- Extensive experience with project management leadership and practices. Thorough understanding of the project life cycle.
- In-depth training and work experience with LEAN methodologies and applications. Strong process orientation.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for expanding knowledge and skills to meet the needs of a dynamic technology office while directly contributing to the success of others.
- Strong visionary strategic leadership and communication skills for employee groups at all levels, as well as customers, subcontractors, vendors and other community leaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas and concepts and the ability to build strong working teams, cultures and relationships at all levels and cross functionally.
- Strong business acumen and experience collaborating with senior leaders in a high growth, process-oriented business setting. Exceptional business development, relationship building and client communication skills.
- Superior listening, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and persuasion skills, as well as the ability to influence employees at all levels, including senior-level management.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex problems with strategic critical thinking skills and detail orientation, and to drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative and sensitivity.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated high level of diplomacy, integrity and leadership in employee engagement.
- Exceptional ability to hire, coach, mentor and develop front line and senior level management, providing support to build high performing, highly engaged teams.
- Ability to manage workflow and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Holds a valid drivers license.
Preferred Education and Experience
- LEAN Certification.
- Previous experience with field installation.
PEC Solutions LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.