Trump Winery is seeking an Executive Chef to lead the culinary program for both Albemarle Estate and the Tasting Room at Trump Winery. This position will have creative license to develop and produce menus from fine dining to casual bistro, using locally sourced, fresh ingredients, many of which are grown onsite. Typical schedule 12pm-8pm--no late nights! This position is full time (5 days/week) with required weekend and holiday availability. We provide a fun atmosphere with an opportunity to grow, competitive pay with benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays) as well as discounted hotel rates at Trump Hotels, and winery discounts.
Title: Executive Chef
Location: Trump Winery - 20 minutes south of Charlottesville
Wage: $25/hr to $30/hr + Excellent Benefits
- Develop menus at Albemarle Estate and Tasting Room
- Train, schedule, and coordinate work of other kitchen employees (Chef and Line Cooks)
- Ensure high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained at all times
- Safeguard all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles
- Evaluate products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff
- Inventory and ordering of all food products and other necessary supplies
- Report to Director of Hospitality and work closely with Hotel Manager, Tasting Room Manager, Events Manager to ensure all food offerings meet guest needs
- Establish and maintain regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department
- Develop and execute daily prep lists
- 5+ years progressive managerial experience in a commercial kitchens
- Able to work quickly and efficiently, good time management, sense of urgency
- Self-motivated and team leader
- Reliable transportation
- ServSafe Certification -can acquire on site
See why we've been named 'one of the best places to work in Charlottesville'. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- Fantastic benefits including paying 80% of medical and dental premiums
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- 401k eligibility after one year with match up to 6%
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise and hotels
- Training opportunities
- 2 paid team volunteer days per year
Eric Trump Wine Manufacturing, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Eric Trump Wine Manufacturing, LLC participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).