Are you looking for an opportunity to “make a difference”??
Do you have a strong work ethic with a desire to help those most in need?
Then look no further…...
Community First Health Centers is currently seeking an Outreach & Eligibility Specialist to join our Homeless Healthcare team housed out of our New Haven medical facility located at 58144 Gratiot Avenue.
The ideal candidate for this role will be enthusiastic, motivated and a team player. Under the supervision of the Homeless Healthcare Program Manager, you will act as an advocate and a resource for the Community First Health Centers homeless population in need of services. This position is responsible for the full cycle outreach and eligibility including initial screening to ensure eligibility requirements are met, completion of enrollment process, referral coordination and follow-up. While this position will be housed out of our New Haven medical facility you will be predominately in the field working with community partners and building our patient base.
Daily responsibilities of our Outreach & Eligibility Specialist may include:
• Promote and maintain awareness of Agency programs, services and activities
• Contact local collaborative partners to develop joint efforts for the outreach and enrollment program; maintain a resource list of referral services/sources
• Conduct education sessions as scheduled with all applicable information/educational material available
• Engage clients in a variety of ways including face to face interactions, responding to referrals from collaborative partners including shelters, jails, family members, schools and/or community resources while linking the client to appropriate services (medical, psychological, social, etc.) as needed
• Conduct resource searches/advocate for clients with special needs
• Recruit, verify eligibility and enroll new clients with accurate and complete information/documentation obtained; goals will be established
• Verification of health benefits
• Entering all client information/documentation into EMR and/or tracking worksheets within 24 hours
• Work collaboratively with providers/management for scheduling
• Continuously monitor and review basics of the Affordable Care Act; assist/complete client enrollment as needed
• Maintain knowledge of Michigan’s Medicaid benefits enrollment process; assist/complete client enrollment as needed
• Educate and assist/complete application for our sliding fee program with clients
• Coordinate client transportation when needed
• Work collaboratively/report required data to any necessary internal/external entity including UDS reporting, in-kind, billing approvals, etc.
• Participate in quality improvement activities
• Other duties as assigned
This is a full time; 40 hours per week opportunity. Hours will be gained predominately Monday thru Friday; 830a-5p but some flexibility will be required based on business demands and community events.
Why work for Community First Health Centers?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including;
• Bi-Weekly Competitive Pay
• Excellent Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan with low biweekly premiums and no exposure to a deductible, copays or coinsurance!!
• Dental Coverage provided through Delta Dental of Michigan
• Vision Coverage provided through VSP Vision
• 100% Company Paid Short Term Disability Coverage, Long Term Disability Coverage, Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance
• 403(b) Thrift Savings Plan; 2% (up to 7%) annual salary employer contribution whether you participate or not!
• Generous Holiday, Vacation and Personal time
• Professional growth opportunities/cross training
• Employee Recognition and Assistance Programs
Community First Health Centers: Improving the quality of life for our community!!