CONTINUING EDUCATION PROVIDER DEPARTMENT
The Continuing Education Department’s mission is to provide quality assurance of continuing education programs and providers that enable graduate-level counselors to maintain, develop, and increase professional competencies. Housed within the Credentialing and Quality Assurance Division, the department ensures that only organizations who offer NBCC credit for qualifying CE programs meet and maintain the highest level of quality in content, development, delivery, documentation, and all other aspects needed for effective, evidence-based programming.
The Continuing Education Reviewer is responsible for critical thinking regarding CE program content, provider eligibility, and Policy compliance. The Continuing Education Reviewer will also engage in regular communications with CE providers and applicants. The Continuing Education Reviewer is responsible for timely reviews, providing active feedback and input into the processes within the department, as well as participation in team discussions with the goal of continued improvement, consistency, and quality assurance for all reviews.
The Continuing Education Reviewer will help to review all provider applications within the Continuing Education Provider Department. The Continuing Education Reviewer will also assist with provider audits as needed. The following responsibilities and duties are a summary of the essential roles and functions of the position. Other duties may be performed as needed or requested to achieve department, division and/or organizational goals.
- Reviews Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) applications for ACEP status.
- Reviews Single Program approval applications.
- Assists with reviews of ACEP Audits.
- Assists with reviews of Single Program Audits.
- Performs prompted audits of current ACEPs and Single Program providers.
- Assists with reviews of Cosponsorship applications.
- Produces written communication and decision letters to applicants, ACEPs, and others.
- Communicates verbally with applicants, ACEPs and other stakeholders.
- Operates virtual communication platforms including telephone and video conferencing.
- Other duties as assigned.
|NBCC and Affiliates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.