You: You are an experienced, dynamic leader in catering and design. You have a proven track record of building business, inspiring your team and maintaining a stellar reputation in the world of luxury events. You are thoughtful, humble, proactive, driven and a true energy-bringer.
The Director of Sales: Catering, Design and Private Dining oversees all Sales and Business Development functions of the organization (FGR Group Dining, Bold Catering & Design Divisions) and will create and drive the annual sales strategy for those functions. Reporting directly to this position are the Group Dining Sales Team, Catering Sales Managers, Catering Sales assistant, and the Designers. The ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader, with the ability to think outside-the-box, hold themselves and their teams accountable for results and guide the business through and toward the future. This position reports directly to the General Manager of Bold Catering & Design, and
As the creators of Atlanta's most beloved and respected restaurants, catering and event design companies, Fifth Group Restaurants and BOLD Catering & Design craft meaningful, memorable and exceptional experiences for our guests with creativity and connected service. The hospitality we're celebrated for is brought to life by our team members. As a member of the FGR Family, you'll enjoy real professional growth, job satisfaction, supportive and respectful environments and industry leading benefits for all positions.
what you will do:
• Responsible for attaining all goals within the Sales Department. Catering, Design and Group Dining and marketing budget.
• Responsible for annually writing individual inventory, sales and production targets by sales manager that support the company's goals and having them meet their targets while completing all period priorities.
• Responsible for attaining all cross-company and cross-department referral goals for all 3 Divisions.
• Responsible for overseeing implementation of all Sales Individual Plans for Group Dining/ Catering & Design Teams.
• Collaborate effectively with Operations, i.e. the Executive Chef, Directors of Operation, the Design General Manager, the Director of Restaurant Operations and Restaurant General Managers to ensure consistently well executed events.
• Responsible for managing X Dates and setting minimums for holidays, busy Saturdays, Masters. Etc.
• Responsible for encouraging and developing open and thorough communication between all Catering, Design and Group Dining departments.
• Lead, manage and oversee the One on ones, Bimonthly and Monthly meeting with Sales Managers across 3 divisions.
• Responsible for collaborating in management and overseeing quality of VIP / special events across al 3 divisions.
• Cultivate a client base of organizations, company planners, hotels and venues to drive sales.
• Cultivate high level Strategic Relationships in the industry and community to support the company's goals.
• Follow up with any unhappy clients to find resolution and ensure potential for repeat business.
• Manage venue relationships - keep preferred agreements up to date, entertain appropriately and manage referral fees to venues.
• Responsible for running weekly Sales Managers activity reports from Prospect Manager and monitoring Prospect activity
• Responsible for maintaining venue referral/ contracts information updated in catering & design archives.
• Shared responsibility for meeting GP and EBIDTA targets.
• Responsible for weekly (and other) forecasting.
• Responsible for updating compensation plans annually.
• Responsible for creating, maintaining, publishing and utilizing all Sales Dept. budgets, targets and tracking systems and reporting on required information on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis for all 3 Divisions.
• Responsible for approving all event reconciliations (Catering only), for approving final gross profit on each event, and for working with sales managers on any discounts greater than 5% of the event.
• Responsible for approving commissions and period, quarterly and annual bonuses for Design/ Catering/ Group Dining Managers.
• Responsible for weekly/period incentives.
• Responsible for participation in and ownership of all annual sales and marketing, production and expense budgeting, and meeting all line budgets on the P&L.
• Responsible for managing with a sense of profitability and making all decisions with the company's short-term and long-term best interests in mind.
• Liaise with Legal for any marked-up contracts that need approval as well as any past due collections necessary.
• Responsible for the ongoing nurturing of staff morale and a culture congruent with FGR's values, purpose and mission.
• Responsible for thorough interviewing, hiring and orientation of all sales staff.
• Responsible for all training, development and coaching of all sales and sales support staff, including profit accountability across 3 Divisions.
• Responsible for the execution of annual written performance reviews for all Sales Departments personnel.
• Responsible for coordinating Sales Departments staff vacation plans.
• Set direction for Sales by whole-heartedly participating in the creation of the annual business plans. Use the Plans, the quarterly reviews and priority management system to monitor the plans and make adjustments for plan attainment.
• Responsible for sales managers writing and attaining their individual sales plans, which support the attainment of the company's business goals, and managing them from their plans.
• Responsible for collaborating with FGR Marketing on the Annual Bold Marketing Plan, participating in bi-weekly Marketing meetings, liaise with Marketing and Sales on the implementation of marketing initiatives, and managing the Bold part of the marketing/sales plan.
• Responsible for up keeping all food and beverage menus current in all Bold & Group Dining Systems.
• Responsible for competitive food and beverage analysis.
• Responsible for activation and documentation of all Catering Systems & Customer Service SOP's.
• Responsible for managing gifting program and sales collateral.
• Responsible for providing leadership and being a role model for fellow managers and all staff members. Expected to have honest, open communication with staff, managers and owners.
• Responsible for managing from and makes all decisions based on FGR's values, purpose and mission with our guests', employees' and company's interests in mind.
• Provide the requirements needed for Sales software to IT, support the implementation and training of new software and ensure all software usage.
Working for us has its benefits. Literally. Some of our benefits include:
• Paid time off
• Medical, dental, life, vision, and supplemental insurance
• 401(k) retirement plan with company matching funds
• Generous bonus plans
• Restaurant discounts and company-provided family meals
• Flex-spending and dependent-care accounts
• Cash-reward referral program
• Work anniversary gifts
Competent in consultative selling skills and all aspects of the sales process:
Understanding the company's identity and Brand
Prospecting and obtaining leads.
Writing and pricing contracts
Closing sales/ Negotiation
Payments and collections
On-going event/client management
Cultivating strategic relations
Meeting sales and production targets
Managing administrative tasks efficiently
Solid understanding of P&L concepts, reporting, troubleshooting and ability to teach
Strong leadership, motivation, influencing, people and relationship development skills.
Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and listening skills)
Proven track record of meeting sales department targets, personal goals and developing sales managers to meet their goals
Strong Computer skills including, database management, word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel), PowerPoint? programs; preferred experience with a Catering Event software
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time