Albemarle Estate at Trump Winery, a ten room luxury boutique hotel, is seeking an Assistant Hotel Manager. This position is responsible for assisting the Hotel Manager with all operations of Albemarle Estate including staffing, facilities, housekeeping, front desk, service and amenities, sales, revenue management, and customer service. We provide competitive pay with benefits including great, affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance (covering 80% of employee premium and 40% dependent), PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year with a company match up to 6%, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more. This position is full time and reports directly to the Hotel Manager and is supported by the Director of Hospitality and works closely with the General Manager and Events Manager.
Position: Assistant Hotel Manager
Location: Trump Winery, 20 minutes south of Downtown Charlottesville
Wage: $18 - $20 per hour plus tips and gratuity
Schedule: Full-time - Flexibility needed incuding weekends and holidays
Benefits: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance. We pay 80% employee and 40% dependant premium, PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year with match up to 6%, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more.
- Work with the Hotel Manager to sreate a strong team: build morale, motivate team to provide excellent customer service, give direction, set goals/objectives, ensure team is trained according to SOPs with a strong emphasis on Triple-A Standards and Forbes Guidelines
- Support Hotel Manager in staff recruitment and retention to include tasks such as: Interviewing, training, managing, coaching, leading, and supporting staff
- Receive and resolve all guest complaints and employee issues by using judgment that aligns with standards, practices, policies, procedures, and brand
- Perform regular inspection of guest rooms, public areas, back of house and work closely with Maintenance staff to resolve issues; instill eye for detail and passion for perfection
- Ensure safety practices and procedures are followed and proper emergency and security procedures are maintained
- Act as Manager on Duty when Hotel Manager is not available
- Correspond with group and sales inquiries to answer special requests; answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services
- Organize, confirm and process guest check-ins/ check-outs and adapt for any changes
- Secure payment, verifying and adjusting billing as needed
- Provide guests with room and hotel information, directions, amenities and local interests
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Business, or related field, or equivalent education/experience related to hospitality in middle or higher level management
- 3+ years hotel operations experience with prior roles as Director of Housekeeping, Director of Rooms, Revenue Manager, Operations Manager, Front Desk Manager
- Exhibit high motivation and a sense of urgency when completing tasks
- Ability to build a team and inspire a culture dedicated to exceeding guest expectations
- Be adaptable, have a strong background in guest services in a boutique setting
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, accuracy and thoroughness
- Proficient in HMS, CRS, report generation, audit, and analysis, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work a flexible schedule: includes various times of the day, weekends, and holidays
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, moving up and down stairs
See why we've been named 'one of the best places to work in Charlottesville'. We offer:
- competitive pay
- 80% employee and 40% dependent paid medical premium with only a $1000 deductible
- 80% employee and 40% dependent paid dental premium
- 80% employee and 40% dependent paid vision premium
- vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- 401k after one year with up to 6% company match
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Monthly wine training opportunities
- Two paid team volunteer days per year
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter.
Trump Vineyard Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Vineyard Estates participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).