MedData has an excellent career opportunity available for a Manager of Operations to work in Anaheim Ca and traveling to Los Angeles & Orange counties. Driving is required.
The schedule for a full time role Monday- Friday 8:30-5pm PST.
This role serves as the face of MedData to our hospital clients on a day to day basis. The purpose of this position is to lead and manage all operational staff and client portfolios encompassing the assigned area within the division of the eligibility service line. Ownership of staff and associate procedures, clients and associated relationships, and revenue and cost functions is crucial.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day to day operations of staff and client needs
- Manage and orient staff; assigns work, develops work schedules, instructs in proper procedures; assists with development and revision of department processes/procedures;
- Monitor staff performance, provides employee recognition and feedback
- Document issues and concerns to their Executive Director
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director to establish staff goals
- Monitor overall project performance and provides monthly analysis of certification performance; reports findings and implements solutions when negative trends are noted
- Monitor billing procedures and documentation, and provides updates with regulatory compliance; conducts periodic audits; and maintains files.
- Develop relationships with clients and county agencies
- Serve as the Point of Contact for MedData’s client hospitals and Address client issues immediately as they arise
- Ensure all communication from patients and providers have timely follow-up and resolution of complaints and concerns
- Provide adequate training needs to the staff related to policies/procedures or government regulations
- Represent MedData at client department meetings
- Develop and implement effective communication channels to provide information to all staff members
- Work collaboratively with other facets of the operations which includes Disability, AR Services, Early Out, IT and HR.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience, managing at least 5 people
- Hospital revenue cycle experience preferred
- Familiarization with state and federal programs
- Strong leadership and communication skills, high service orientation and strong computer system and analytical skills are required
- Excellent time management skills
- Accustomed to working in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience with Hospital systems such as STAR, EPIC, Cerner, Meditech, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn computer applications
- Knowledge of HIPAA, ACA and EMTALA regulations
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is to serve as a guide but no way is it to be considered a comprehensive list of task, duties and responsibilities that will be required by the employee.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|MedData is a healthcare revenue cycle management services provider with more than 40 years of experience. We offer hospitals and health systems a full complement of solutions, including eligibility & enrollment, accounts receivable management & recovery, self-pay/early out, and denials management. We currently serve nearly 2000 facilities nationwide from our headquarters in Houston and more than 20 regional offices across the United States.
At MedData, we take great pride in our company, in each other, and in our 40+ year history of accomplishments and success. This pride is reflected in our everyday approach to working together. Each team member understands the importance of being part of a company that values their individual contributions and strives to help them achieve their personal goals as they work together to achieve the broader corporate goals. We believe that every team member contributes directly to MedData's growth and success, and we are constantly searching for new talented, passionate and enthusiastic people who will take pride in being an integral part of our culture.