CPE is looking for a skilled Project Manager who will be supporting its Law Enforcement Initiatives (LEI) Team. The Project Manager will leverage their background in project management and risk assessment to assist the LEI Program Manager, including leading multiple projects of complex scope and high visibility.
The Project Manager for LEI will report to the LEI Program Manager who manages overall program responsibilities for the LEI Team.
About CPE’s Law Enforcement Initiatives (LEI) Team
The LEI Team is composed of Implementation Specialists and Data Acquisition Specialists.
Implementation Specialists are responsible for working directly with law enforcement agencies (LEAs) across North America to help them realize their policing and public safety equity goals. This includes their interaction with chiefs of police and other police department administrative staff; city governmental agencies like the Mayor’s Office, City Council Members and other elected and/or appointed city officials.
The Data Acquisition Specialists are data experts who work directly with police agencies to gather and organize their data in preparation for the scientific analyses that show how agencies are policing their communities.
- Project Management: Create and execute on project plans, manage and organize LEI Team activities, including Sprint / Capacity Planning, develop & improve upon team processes, collaborate with other CPE teams to organize and manage day-to-day cross-functional activities, identify, define and track KPIs and additional Project Management duties as assigned by the LEI Program Manager
- Risk Management: Proactively identify risks to team bandwidth and project completion and effectively address and resolve issues; maintain a high-level view of activities happening within and around LEI to identify and resolve potential roadblocks/issues/pitfalls
- Stakeholder Engagement: Clearly distill and communicate complex ideas into easy-to-understand language, prioritize tasks and activities for diverse audiences including org executives, program staff, and external agencies
- Bachelor’s degree / 5+ years of Project and/or Program Management experience
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to quickly adapt and apply new project management tools and processes to a growing organization
- Ability to handle ambiguity and juggle multiple priorities at the same time
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change
- Exceedingly strong communication skills (both written and verbal), with a passion for distilling complex ideas into language that is easy to understand
- Be a strong team player, assisting the overall team and peers to achieve success
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials:
The Center for Policing Equity strives to build a diverse team that is inclusive of multiple perspectives and welcoming for people of all backgrounds. Women and members of underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply.