Hiring Immediately! Pressure Relief Valve Technician
Pressure Relief Valve Technician, Quadco LLC, Farmington, NM.
Since 1966, Quadco LLC has been a recognized leader in the oil and gas services industry. As an integral component of our overall product and service suite, we provide our customers with the sales and service of high precision instrumentation that controls and monitors critical systems on relief valves, chemical injection pumps and industrial tools for various aspects of drilling, production, gathering, refining and transmission of oil and gas products.
We present a variety of opportunities for career minded service professionals who appreciate the rewards of contributing in a meaningful way to a winning team.
As a Pressure Relief Valve Technician, the successful candidate will have the following duties and will need to meet qualification standards as set out below. Career development advancement to Pressure Relief Valve Technician II, II & Crew Leader is encouraged.
Under the direction of the Service Manager, The Pressure Relief Valve Technician shall have the following job duties:
- Experience with and ability to test, reset and repair basic spring-loaded industrial pressure relief (pop) valves.
- Assist in the tear-down and inspection of more complex devices.
- Ability to complete the proper valve test/repair documentation, as defined by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
- Set valve pressure changes, including spring changes.
- Ability to calculate new valve capacities from OEM supplied information (charts) including interpolation of values.
- Perform final assembly, tagging and sealing of pressure relief-devices.
- Understanding of Valve Test Reporting systems and procedures.
The Pressure Relief Valve Technician shall have the following qualifications:
- Requires a basic understanding of ASME and NBIC Codes and manuals.
- Comprehend and verify test gauge calibration methods, procedures and testing components.
- Must pass national background check, motor vehicle report and drug screening.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset.
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry is preferred, but not necessary.
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Safety Oriented
- Ability to work legally in the U.S.A.
- Ability to work 40 hour workweek, some overtime required.
- Some travel required, per diem, lodging and travel expenses paid.
- Valid state driver's license is mandatory.
The Pressure Relief Valve Technician shall have the following experience or education requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent is required.
- Possession of current safety card or ability to obtain.
- Possession or ability to obtain Pressure Safety Valve Technician I qualification standard certificate within 3 months of date of hire.
The Pressure Relief Valve Technician shall receive the following compensation and benefits:
- Wage Range $20.00 to $30.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- Generous medical, dental, vision benefits for employee and family.
- Employer paid life insurance with opportunity to purchase additional along with long term disability insurance.
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Referral incentives
- Industry leading paid time off and company paid holidays
- Opportunity for Advancement
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.