Come join the Woodland Park Zoo as a Ticketing & Membership Associate during WildLanterns! There are 34 part-time, temporary, non-benefited positions available.
What you’ll do:
- Check-in guests and sell tickets for WildLanterns zoo using our cash register/point of sale terminals.
- Promote and sell zoo memberships, products, and experiences.
- Provide customer service to zoo guests at the West entrance gate or over the phone.
- Ensure guests are complying with current COVID-19 safety requirements
When we’ll need you:
- This position goes through the end of WildLanterns, January 31, 2022.
- Shifts are from 3:30pm-9pm. Hours are variable and part-time with the schedule determined by your supervisor.
- We're open seven days a week, including most holidays and evenings during WildLanterns.
Who we’re looking for:
- Customer service-oriented individuals and who thrive in a team environment.
- You have cashier/cash handling experience.
- You're a quick learner who adapts to constantly changing environments.
- You remain positive and professional in stressful situations.
- You're interested in and enthusiastic about the zoo and our mission.
Why you should work with us:
- Opportunities to learn and connect with wildlife, the natural world and your community.
- Complimentary and discount passes on zoo admission for friends and family.
- Employee discounts at the zoo and local merchants.
Physical demands and work environment for this position:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
- Frequent standing at guest entry/exit points.
- Frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to use close vision to check identifications, membership cards, etc. and ability to use distance vision for adequate crowd control.
- Regular exposure to outdoor weather conditions and noise from guests.
*BONUS* Newly hired temporary employees who work between 100 and 500 hours between October 16th and February 1st will receive a one-time $500 bonus. Temporary employees who work greater than 500 hours between October 16th and February 1st will receive a one-time $1000 bonus.
- As of November 24, 2021, employees working on or accessing zoo grounds are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination by your first day of employment.
- People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Resume is required, cover letter is optional but preferred.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.