External Reporting Manager
Reports to: Director of Financial Reporting
This position is intended to be primarily remote but within driving distance of the Clearwater, Florida office for in-person attendance at training and occasional meetings.
Trulieve, a leading emerging growth company in the cannabis industry, is looking for a Manager of External Reporting to fill a key role within the Finance & Accounting team. The position will assist the Director of Financial Reporting in all aspects of external reporting, including the preparation and review of external filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for a growing cannabis company (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, and other SEC related filings) as well as materials for the quarterly earnings call, other external presentations, various internal financial reports, and ad-hoc projects. This position will report to the Director of Financial Reporting and work closely with the Corporate Controller and other key groups supporting the company’s external filings. The position will have one direct report.
- Asist in the preparation and review of all SEC reporting functions, including 10-K, 10-Q, earnings release, XBRL tagging and other SEC reporting requirements as needed (e.g., S-1 or 8-K),
- Assist in the compilation of financial statements, footnotes, management’s discussion and analysis and additional schedules which are included in SEC filings,
- Monitor and assess the impact of new SEC and FASB pronouncements assisting with implementation of new accounting pronouncements in the financial reporting processes,
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed to maintain SOX compliance and where applicable assist with implementing financial reporting control improvements,
- Ensure compliance with SEC regulations and GAAP accounting,
- Assist with the preparation and review of the SEC filing tie-out support (digital binder),
- Work with external and internal auditors on requests supporting the documentation of the financial reporting processes,
- Assist with maintaining the financial reporting system (ActiveDisclosure),
- Assist with reviewing disclosures of various public companies to identify financial reporting best practices and improvements due to new disclosure requirements or improvements to existing disclosures,
- Assist Investor Relations with the preparation of materials for the quarterly earnings call and press release,
- Supervise another employee within the external reporting group.
- BS/BA in Accounting
- Active CPA designation required
- 4 + years of experience in public accounting or 3 years of experience in public accounting and 2 years of experience at a public company
- Extensive knowledge of public company filing requirements and disclosures
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to perform research on the impact of accounting and regulatory pronouncements on the company’s financial statements and disclosures,
- Previous supervisor experience
- Ability to mentor and train staff
- Sarbanes Oxley experience
- Experience or ability to learn financial systems – SAP and ActiveDisclosure
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Good conceptual, critical thinking, analytical, quantitative skills and the ability to problem solve
- Demonstrated success working both individually and with a team in a fast-paced, high-volume deadline-oriented environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Extensive experience working with both internal and external auditors
- Self-starter and able to quickly learn new responsibilities
- High attention to detail required
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.