MedData has an excellent career opportunity for an AR Follow Up Specialist (Medical Billing) in Louisville, KY.
This position may be worked virtually (work from home).
The schedule for this full-time role is flexible and may be worked as an 8 hour shift between the hours of 7am-6pm, Monday-Friday.
The primary responsibility of an A/R Follow Up Specialist is to follow up with insurance carriers on aged, unresolved claims. This position is also responsible for researching insurance company issues, such as network problems, work comp claims, and a variety of special projects. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of the operational aspects of the entire revenue cycle as well as the appropriate measures to take in resolving claim issues with payers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following up on unresolved claims to collect payments from the insurance carriers.
- Make phone calls and use insurance company websites to check on claim status.
- Identify why payment has not been received from the payer.
- Take appropriate actions to resolve issues in a way that results in payment and/or complete closure of insurance balance.
- Follow up on patient balances as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Medical billing certification is a plus.
- 1-2 years of Medical billing experience is required.
- Problem solving, research, organization, detail oriented
- Flexibility to work on competing priorities
- Able to work independently, identify patterns, make informed decisions
- Correctly identifying root causes to determine appropriate actions and outcomes
- 2+ years Office experience in which problem solving and research were major keys to success.
- Prior computer experience is required.
- Ability to completely and concisely summarize important details in account notes
- Excellent verbal communication skills are a must.
- Must have strong computer and typing skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
To join our team of 2,000 employees and growing, please apply directly to this posting.
MedData is an Equal Opportunity Employer