Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as an Annual Giving Coordinator! There is one regular, full-time, benefited opening available.
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the annual giving and mid-level donor programs to increase participation and long-term financial growth from individual donors. This position will organize and create direct mail solicitations, online giving, mid-level donor solicitations, giving circles/societies (Wild at Heart), and stewardship activities that support the Annual Fund.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist with planning, executing, and evaluating a comprehensive annual giving program designed to broaden the zoo’s donor base and increase overall participation and financial support to the Annual Fund.
- Coordinate all annual fundraising programs including a targeted, multi-approach direct mail program and proactive electronic fundraising program that aligns with the zoo’s overall digital media strategies.
- Coordinate the zoo’s Wild at Heart giving society, including execution of targeted stewardship activities, benefit fulfillment, and communications support.
- In collaboration with the Development and Membership Teams, coordinate the implementation of online giving campaigns, including peer-to-peer, crowdfunding, online giving days, and acquisition appeals.
- Maintain the zoo’s external donor communications plan.
- Implement as directed effective mass cultivation and solicitation strategies to improve retention, identify, and invite donors to upgrade their support and reengage lapsed donors.
- Collaborate with Data Services for annual fund reporting, lists, segmentation, as well as the Membership team on pipeline development.
- Collaborate with the Engagement and Development Teams to coordinate a cohesive annual marketing effort to increase annual gifts through advertising, publications, social medial, and events related to the Annual Fund in conjunction with the zoo’s overall digital plans.
- Assist with analyzing data regarding annual giving programs and past giving trends to provide analyses of program results and to plan for future segmentation and engagements.
- Assist with the zoo’s external workplace giving campaign. Assist with creation of fundraising goals, objectives, schedules, and analysis of results for each element of the Annual Fund.
- Interface and coordinate with Annual Giving vendors. Under the direction of the Annual Giving & Communications Manager evaluate vendor partnership on an annual basis.
- Lead donors and prospects on guided tours of the zoo for cultivation and stewardship purposes.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times.
- Maintain and adhere to policies around information gathering and sharing in accordance with professional ethics standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited four year college or university and two (2) or more years’ related experience in annual giving; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to integrate social medial and electronic communications into fundraising communications and campaigns.
- Proven project coordination skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/requests under strict time constraints, and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- High attention to detail and the ability to audit work for accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrated experience in annual fund development and implementation, knowledge of fundraising principles and techniques, and direct mail appeals and newsletters.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a specific ability to create donor solicitations, acknowledgements, and stewardship pieces such as engaging reports and donor profiles. Capable of writing coherent and compelling messages and content for printed, electronic, and verbal script materials.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to form professional relationships and to communicate effectively, delivering exceptional customer service to a variety of stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Teams).
- Ability to work a non-standard/flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Prior professional writing experience.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge of wildlife conservation issues.
This position may be required to lift up to 35lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay: $26.39-28.80 per hour, plus benefits
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
- As of November 24, 2021, employees working on or accessing zoo grounds are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination by your first day of employment.
- People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine. Employees may make requests for a reasonable accommodation based on a medical disability or for sincerely held religious beliefs. Philosophical, political, scientific, or sociological objections to vaccination will not be considered for an exemption or accommodation.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
PRIORITY GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY OCTOBER 7TH, 2021.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com.