Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing broker-dealer networks in financial services? (Cerulli Associates, 2020) At Atria, we support independent financial professionals and financial institution investment programs so they, in turn, can provide exceptional service to their clients and develop meaningful relationships with them.
We are looking for a Variable Annuity Analyst to join our organization. In this role you will be responsible for the supervisory review of variable annuities under FINRA Rule 2300. This will include reviewing applications and sign off on variable annuities as principal to verify suitability requirements have been met. You will also monitor FINRA and SEC rules and regulations to determine how these rules and regulations would affect the firm as they relate to annuities, and communicate product feature and benefits and contract provisions details to advisors or internal employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide training and supervisory oversight for members of annuities processing teams.
- Develop supervisory systems, policies and procedures and ensure they are established and maintained.
- Perform quality assurance reviews for other annuity team member analysts.
- Work closely with the Head of Supervision and the CCO regarding complex cases or case patterns involving compliance concerns.
- Work closely with the Head of Supervision and the CCO for advisors who may be placed on internal investigations or heightened suitability standards.
- Work closely with the Head of Supervision and the CCO with data collections and response materials related to regulatory inquires and/or customer complaints.
- Responsible for post-sale Lansare reporting analysis, policies and procedures.
- Monitor annuity paperwork to help ensure that the registered representative understands the variable annuity products offered to clients.
- Perform analysis of all suitability factors for each case submitted.
- Approved case submissions and perform Principal sign off.
- Review and approve or reject the purchase or exchange of the deferred variable annuity, no later than seven business days after the customer signs the original application. (however, our internal policy is to process same day business)
- This position must determine that there is a reasonable basis to believe that the transaction would be suitable based on the factors delineated in the Rule 2821
- In the case of an exchange or transfer of a variable annuity contract, this position must review the reason for the exchange/transfer including how the change is consistent with the client’s investment objective, risk tolerance and need for liquidity.
- Ensure that enough information regarding the client has been obtained in order to evaluate the suitability of a variable annuity to the client.
- Confirm any disclosure statement submitted has been completed thoroughly.
- Review Stage One for New York Regulation 60 requirements, ensuring that all mandated forms are completed accurately.
- Communicate with management any issues pertaining to annuities.
- Respond to phone inquiries from representatives
- Work closely with variable annuity processor ensuring all policies and procedures are being followed.
- Work with management and/or compliance to ensure supervisory procedures are in place that detects the abuse and potential abuse of inappropriate exchanges.
- Review SEC and FINRA for any updates to annuity rules and regulations
- Communicate findings to Operations Manager with recommendations on the pending rules and regulations.
- Provide monthly status reports identifying representative concerns, outstanding issues, and accomplishments to Supervisor.
- Provide VA only report to ensure all purchases have been received by carriers.
- Any other duties assigned by manager or supervisor
Qualifications and Skills:
- Series 6 and Series 26 required, Series 7 and Series 24 preferred.
- Life insurance license required.
- Strong annuity knowledge required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, plus 2-4 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Customer Service or related field.
Why work at Atria?
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a full benefits package that includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Prescription drug benefits
- Vision insurance
- Retirement savings 401(k) plan with matching
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Critical illness insurance
- Veterinary pet insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Legal plan
Atria Wealth Solutions, Inc. (Atria) is a wealth management solutions holding company focused on delivering a clear path to the future of financial advice for financial professionals, financial institutions and their clients. Headquartered in New York City, Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries empower financial institutions and independent financial professionals with a sophisticated set of tools, services, and capabilities that deepen client relationships and maximize efficiencies in their practices.
Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries include CUSO Financial Services, L.P., Sorrento Pacific Financial, LLC, Cadaret Grant & Co., Inc., NEXT Financial Group, Inc., Western International Securities, Inc., and SCF Securities, Inc. Atria’s subsidiaries together support nearly 2,500 financial professionals and over 200 financial institutions with nearly $100 billion of assets under administration. For more information, please visit www.atriawealth.com.
Atria Wealth Solutions and its affiliated entities are equal opportunity employers that are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Atria Wealth Solutions and its affiliated entities make hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
It’s time for the next step in your career. Apply now.