International Construction Inc. a subsidiary of Hui Huliau is looking for a Welder / Metal Fabricator to join our team. This is a journey-level classification. Working conditions include restricted movement, dirty environment, extreme temperatures, lifting or carrying heavy objects. This position is a PART TIME position and is determined by need per job contract.
You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure. A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform on site Metal Fabrication and structure Penetration welding according to shop drawings.
• Expertly welds small, medium, and large bore pipe of various metals and alloys.
• Solders and brazes of copper pipe.
• Performs complex mechanical installations per engineering direction.
• Reads and comprehends construction drawings and specifications.
• Lays out and installs piping, equipment, and other mechanical systems in compliance with construction drawings and specifications.
• Marks up construction drawings and specifications with as-built status.
• Works with Thermal Systems Engineers and Site Construction Manager to order tools, equipment, supplies, and materials necessary for the group's job requirements following company policy and process.
• Works in conjunction with other crews and lead persons.
• Maintains responsibility for all tools and equipment assigned to the group.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Graduation from high school, military schools, vocational school, recognized craftsman apprenticeship program or equivalent
• At least five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in a combination of two or more skilled trades including knowledge of and ability to use tools materials and methods
• Current welding certifications (Recently expired certifications may be acceptable contingent upon the ability to successfully requalify prior to employment.)
• OSHA 10-hour safety course would be a plus KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledgeable in reading shop drawings according to specs and the ability to performing duties with minimum to non supervision.
• Ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
• Ability to learn basic computer skills to communicate via email, document daily work and progress, and track procurements and status
• Always attentive to detail and alert to ensure safety
• Ability to receive and follow instructions and communicate with co-workers
Duties requires working under extreme heat and noisy conditions. Proper PPE is required during working hours. Take Proper means of staying hydrated to prevent dehydration. Security clearance level required: New hires must be able to obtain military and CIA clearance to be approved for this position.
International Construction Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets