|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Day to-Day Operations
- Under guidance from the Facility Manager, schedule and track daily production to meet sales expectations.
- Oversee department personnel - time, safety, performance, quality, etc.
- Drive efficiencies to maintain and lower monthly operating costs.
- Perform safety and production training for personnel.
- Work with Manager and Maintenance to schedule maintenance activities.
- Perform environmental compliance monitoring and tasks as required by Environmental Management Policy and Regional Environmental Technician.
- Record production data into Production Tracker and Monthly Production Logs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Oversee Inbound/Outbound material flow and grading to ensure accurate inventory weights and costs.
- Manage facility inventory.
- Under guidance from the Manager, manage the overall levels and quality of numerous Metals
- Ensure Materials shipped meet the exact requirements of the customer's order and maintain traceability.
- Close all shipments with necessary documentation flow (Certifications sent to customers, traceability info saved internally, etc.)
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions
Ability to: sit, stand and walk frequently on uneven ground and throughout the yard; lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally. Some computer work is necessary requiring visual acuity to perform close detail work and documentation. Mental dexterity needed as this position will work independently while demonstrating attention to detail and continuous awareness. Must have the ability to communicate in a professional manner by phone, e-mail and in person with all levels of internal personnel and business contacts.
Must have 3-5 years of supervisor experience with previous experience in metals recycling operations or heavy manufacturing environment, preferred. Must be familiar with operations, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic systems and heavy equipment. Position is outside in all weather conditions in a heavy manufacturing environment and successful candidates should have hands-on operations experience as well. Excellent open communication style required to carry out responsibilities with all level employees. Travel less than 10%, however, must have valid driver's license.