We are seeking a detailed Commissions Accounting Specialist Temp to join our team. This position requires one to be a self-starter, but also to be able to follow through on instructions. Professional communication skills, passion for relationship development, and excellent attention to detail is a must. We place great priority in teamwork, respect, integrity, and excellence; and are committed to developing authentic, significant relationships with the financial advisors we serve.
The Commissions Accounting Specialist's primary responsibility is the timely and accurate processing of commission payments to the company's independent contractor representatives. Additionally, this position will assist with other administrative processes and projects, including assisting with Salesforce database management, and providing outstanding support to our clients (financial advisors) by fielding inquiries and researching investment platforms to identify solutions. Lastly, the position will also serve as additional back-up to our front desk staff by assisting with answering and directing phone calls and sorting and distributing inbound mail. We expect this to be a 9-month temporary placement.
• Receiving report of daily commission cash receipts and matching with the correct vendor statement(s)
• Enter statement information into commission system to process payments to representatives
• Maintaining statements & commission related documents within company's filing system in an organized and secure manner
• Keep track of outstanding payments beyond normal processing cutoffs and follow up on aged receipts as needed
• Work to resolve commission holds for various reasons
• Respond to representative commission-related inquiries (via phone, or electronically)
• Track and manually post commission activity from insurance-related sales to credit representatives' account; requires working knowledge of insurance agent contracts and payout grids
• Resolve representative debts (receivables) if representatives are terminated while owing funds to the company
• Match approved orders from the company's sales system with commission transactions to ensure that transactions were properly approved prior to paying out representatives
• Ensure proper compliance-related paperwork is on hand when processing expense reimbursements to representatives
• Create representative payout rates & percentage grids in commission system upon new representative approval
• Download client & commission files from data providers (i.e. DST FanMail, etc.) on frequent basis
• Assist with other ad-hoc commission and accounting-related projects as needed
• Overflow support for front desk workstation
• Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly
• Responds to inquiries from advisors, clients and others; answers questions and refers when necessary to the appropriate person or department
• Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail
• Other duties as assigned
• Employee must possess an extreme attention to detail, high level of accuracy when performing work, analytical ability, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to interact across numerous internal employee departments as well as outside vendors, customers, advisors, and business partner firms.
• High level of organizational ability and time management
• Knowledge of office administration and bookkeeping/recordkeeping procedures, accounts payable/receivable, and payroll functions and procedures as needed
• Ability to maintain multiple tasks/projects simultaneously; efficiently prioritizing multiple ongoing tasks & duties, and to meet deadlines on time
• High capacity to develop and maintain relationships with the company’s investment advisor representatives
• Strong ability to prioritize and work under high pressure while meeting deadlines
• Familiarity with the operation of general office equipment
• Ability to contribute to and work in a team-oriented environment
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent education and work experience
• FINRA Series 7 license preferred
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat
• Proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software systems preferred.
• Previous financial services, customer service or sales experience.
Atria Wealth Solutions, Inc. (Atria) is a wealth management solutions holding company focused on delivering a clear path to the future of financial advice for financial professionals, financial institutions and their clients. Headquartered in New York City, Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries empower financial institutions and independent financial professionals with a sophisticated set of tools, services, and capabilities that deepen client relationships and maximize efficiencies in their practices.
Atria’s broker-dealer subsidiaries include CUSO Financial Services, L.P., Sorrento Pacific Financial, LLC, Cadaret Grant & Co., Inc., NEXT Financial Group, Inc., Western International Securities, Inc., and SCF Securities, Inc. Atria’s subsidiaries together support nearly 2,500 financial professionals and over 200 financial institutions with nearly $100 billion of assets under administration. For more information, please visit www.atriawealth.com.
It’s time for the next step in your career. Apply now.