Symbiont Science, Engineering and Construction, Inc. is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and design-build consulting and construction firm headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We offer challenging and rewarding growth opportunities to our employees and have been recognized as a top workplace in the greater Milwaukee area.
Currently, we are seeking a friendly, organized, and service-oriented Human Resources Recruiting Assistant for a full-time position in our Milwaukee office. This position will be responsible for assisting the department in recruiting, HR programs coordination, and general administration. Specific job duties include:
- Candidate Sourcing Support: responsible for posting open positions on job boards, and Career Fair coordination and attendance.
- Candidate Screening Support: responsible for applicant tracking system administration, scheduling interviews, checking candidate references, and drafting offer letters.
- HR Programs and Initiatives Support: assist with the execution and administration of various programs including, but not limited to, the work anniversaries program and employee teambuilding events planning. May assist with the employee recognition program, as requested.
- Provide other department support on an as-requested basis, including performance management, training and development, learning management, compliance, reporting, and various employee events planning and coordination.
- Act as an alternate for certain duties when other HR team members are unavailable. Duties include, but are not limited to, HRIS administration and reporting, managing pre-employment drug and background checks, new-hire onboarding tasks, employment verification requests, and employee termination tasks.
- Review standard operating procedures and practices; proactively seek ways to improve upon current programs, procedures, and processes.
- Answers general human resource questions and inquiries regarding benefits, compensation, recruiting, and employee relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Associates degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field, plus 1-2 years of relevant experience. Bachelor's degree preferred. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in recruiting for positions specific to engineering and construction is desirable, but not required.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills to productively interact with candidates and internal staff at all levels. Strong team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort in fast-paced environments; ability to manage details and stay on top of multiple tasks, large and small, at once.
- Highly organized with ability to adapt rapidly to changing priorities; juggle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Growth Mindset - ability to take and implement feedback.
- High level of self-motivation and strong initiative.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience using HRIS and applicant tracking systems.
Symbiont offers a competitive salary and benefits. Work hours will generally be 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday, though occasionally, earlier or later hours may be required. Symbiont is a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Work Place and a Future 50 firm.
Qualified candidates should submit their contact information, resume, and cover letter via the Careers/Open Positions section of our website.
Symbiont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a Drug Free Workplace