Under the direction of the Media Management Manager, the Lead Activities Coordinator will provide direct care support services to individuals with disabilities. Assist with the development and implementation of individual support plans as part of a day habilitation placement for people with severe disabilities. Provide training and performance coaching for individuals served and Activities Coordinators. Embrace Opportunity Village core values by cultivating positive and meaningful CONNECTIONS with clients and colleagues, demonstrating ENTHUSIASM, high standards of PRODUCTIVITY, authentic STEWARDSHIP, and consistent participation in individual and team DEVELOPMENT. Reinforce and positively engage in Opportunity Village's organizational culture supporting choice and creativity of clients and of staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
See addendums for responsibilities and competencies for specific departmental functional roles.
1. Lead and steward the daily coordination and direction of Activities Coordinators.
2. Provide department specific training and mentoring for all new Activities Coordinators and individuals; provide continued training and mentoring for current employees.
3. Ensure all Activities Coordinators and other applicable staff or volunteers are aware of procedures for proper support of each individual served.
4. Conduct daily team huddles to solicit feedback, answer questions, and communicate relevant information to Activities Coordinators.
5. Provide department leadership with employee performance.
6. Provide Case Management with information regarding an individual's progress and performance.
7. Responsible for maintaining records (i.e. monthly calendar, daily activities, active treatment, scheduling, community outings, and reporting of volunteer hours).
8. Ensure all Actives Coordinators are aware of procedures for completing applicable documentation properly and on time.
9. Conduct periodic audits of documentation including client binders, PCP plans, JDT attendance sheets, data sheets, communication log books, and any other applicable documentation.
10. Submit driving logs; report any issues or concerns to Management regarding vehicle operation.
11. Provide active engagement, routine health, and personal care support (i.e. eating, toileting, and exercising) and assistance with daily activities.
12. Collaborate with other staff and volunteers to ensure that all individuals served have the opportunity to gain knowledge of self-management and behavioral skills that will enhance their contribution and integration into the community.
13. Required to read service and habilitation plans for all individuals served in the program to ensure each individual is receiving their proper care according to their plan(s).
14. Assist individuals toward the achievement of their individual goals and to perform and participate in daily scheduled activities. Provide access creative activities and express their talents.
15. Collaborate with the Case Management team as needed and attend Person Centered Plan (PCP) meetings when applicable.
16. Ensure proper documentation is complete including ID notes, incident reports (IRs), communication logs, schedules, JDT attendance sheets, data sheets, accident and safety incident reports, and data entry into time management program(s).
17. Maintain the compliance of staff to individuals served ratio. Revised March 31, 2021
18. Provide appropriate supervision to all clients to whom you are assigned, per their PCP plans and designated ratio level.
19. Ensure equipment is clean and functioning. Maintain clean and safe work environment.
20. Anticipate safety needs for all individuals and staff and report any and all issues or concerns immediately to department Management and Case Management.
21. Comply with all Federal, State (Desert Regional Center), and local regulations and requirements.
22. Comply with all organizational policies and procedures.
23. Promote an abuse and neglect free environment. Report suspected Mistreatment to department leadership or Case Manager immediately (per Opportunity Village policy) and no later than 24 hours via incident report, as mandated by state law.
24. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position coordinates and provides team leadership for Activities Coordinators and individuals served.